• No

• Yes, now

• No, later

Results are only viewable after voting.

Z00M

Explorer
105040306.png
Forest of Golem (FOG)

This map was most probably released as part of the Victoria expansion to draw players back to Victoria for grinds (probably 1.5yrs from now as it's most likely introduced after Ludi expansion). I'd say the drops r pretty lucrative considering the variety of 4 different mob (3 out of 4 are ones to look out for).

We'll only have 2 channels and with limited space to grind at FOG, with 1 map holding a max of 6 players (total 12 in server). Although the drops r very good, we should also consider:
1.Limited player per map for everyone to grind
2.Exp/Mesos ratio is subjective as it depends on players mobility/playstyle around the map layout (solo fog req alot of switching of lanes as compared to solo coolies convenient 1 flat map)
3.Suitability of Classes in FOG as not all classes perform equally or suit FOG grinds (warriors excel most here)
when we talk about how OP it is. Alternatively, for other maps at this lvl range check Training Guide
WARRIOR: 5/5 rating map for all 3 excel, try to get Acc/Dex gear as speed is less important here.

MAGE: 4/5 rating map
  • I/L & F/P (non-poison build)
    • will have high pot burn due to cramp layout, regardless of freeze.
  • Cleric
    • has no business here till lvl 81+ (HS lvl30, SR lvl1)
ARCHER: 3/5 rating map
  • Hunter
    • Arrow Bomb (Max) would be advantageous when there is an opportunity for space to cast ur skill and stun mobs.
  • Xbow
    • Iron Arrow (Max) is advantageous here but doesn't have stun.
*optional: try to get some SP into Knockback
*in general for archers, it's possible to grind here however knowing your mobility is not as good as other ranged jobs (mage/sin), it is advisable to have someone to share lanes with you or alternatively head to Coolies.

THIEF:
4/5 rating map for the 2 classes
WARRIOR: 5/5 rating map for all 3 excel, try to get Acc/Dex gear as speed is less important here.

MAGE
  • I/L: 4.5/5 rating map
    • Ice Strike (try to max asap), Booster (lvl5+), Magic amp (to reach OHKO - additional MP usage) supported by Teleport for mobility
    • Still high MP usage but lesser than b4 since using Ice Strike (main grinding skill)
    • 5/5 rating once OHKO possible (lvl85+)
  • F/P (non-poison build): 4/5 rating map
    • Explosion (try to max asap), Booster (lvl5+), Magic amp (to reach OHKO - additional MP usage) supported by Teleport for mobility
    • Higher MP usage than I/L since no freeze
    • 5/5 rating once OHKO possible (lvl85+)
  • priest: 4.5/5 rating map
    • has no business here till lvl 81+ (HS lvl30, SR lvl1)
    • possible to grind here earlier if u add some lvls into SR (meaning u sacrifice ur HS for dmg) and be an AOE attacker/HSer
    • unless of course the PT allows you to just hs and afk.
    • On par with I/L due to almost 0 MP pots usage with MG turned off and will get to 5/5 rating once SR does OHKO (lvl 90+).
ARCHER: 4/5 rating map for all 3 excel
* 1st - AOE skills: Eruption/ Arrow Rain (lvl10+ to at least 2~4 hits to kill)
* 2nd - Single hit skills: Strafe (this is for when u can clear spaces fast and actually start chasing mobs in this map using Strafe, aim for OHKO (one hit k o).

THIEF:

• Chief Bandit: 4.5/5 rating map
    • Assaulter (lvl1 - for mobility purpose), Band of Thieves (max asap - for AOE)
    • 5/5 rating once BoT can OHKO (or 2), even surpass warriors cuz of mobility
  • Hermit: 4/5 rating map
    • Option A: Maximum Mesos (MU maxed asap)
      • since it'll take awhile till you can OHKO w SP and/or you're more focused for gearing up.
      • By lvl 65+ ~ 85+ you'd be still 2 hits to kill Mix Gollem
    • Option B: Maximum DPS/EXP (SP maxed asap)
      • main priority is to lvl asap
      • 5/5 rating map till u can OHKO (lvl 90+), not easy as Mix Gollem has 6k hp, comparing to the days of coolie w only 4.5k hp (lvl 80, avg gear).
5150000.png
Lv59 / Hp: 6,000 / Mesos: (258 or 296) - (397 or 447)
02070004.png 01002248.png 01082066.png 01372014.png 02040804.png (gfa 60%) 02044501.png (bow 60%)02000004.png

Last edited:

Z00M

Explorer
5130102.png
Lv: 58 / Hp: 4,800 / Mesos: (246 or 280) - (379 or 420)
02070004-1.png 01002209.png 01002249.png 01382007.png 02044001.png (2 handed sword/axe/bw 60%)

3210800.png
02070003.png 02070008.png 02000004.png

Last edited:

xerta

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Fog is so op. Even solo this map is so good since the spawn are sick. Its better to be here solo than Jr yetis tbh. Also this map mostly benefits warrios that allredy have super good maps to farm on.

xerta

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Best would be to leav FoG out for starters or else i belive warriors would get a big headstart over other classes. but add it later as a catchup mechanic for those who want.

Z00M

Explorer
yea i'd assume maps expansion plans to follow the actual release patterns, but since we got quite afew newcomers from a server with FOG and a messed up coolies map (unoriginal map layout), this would be a good heads up.

Pacha

Voted NO LATER. (After ludi is too far, with ludi would be perfect)

- Nice training spot.
- Good for parties.
- Good drop / exp.
- Able to vary between Orbis and FOG at higher levels.

Last edited:

Rixon

Explorer
I love FOG - and i absolutely want it to be in the game - But way wayyy later on. As we are trying to balance and discuss drop rates - the fact that most (!) of the community wants x2 rates for scrolls (based of the stats coming from the pools in our forums) - This will make FOG far too OP to be added to the game early on. I vote for - No, later.

neophyte

Explorer
When was FoG released on the official server? I looked through the what came when thread but couldn't find it.

It sounds to me like it is a bit imbalanced and overcentralizing to be released initially, especially if we go through with a Vic only launch. So, I voted No, later. Definitely after El Nath, perhaps before Ludi, in my opinion.

User

When was FoG released on the official server? I looked through the what came when thread but couldn't find it.

It sounds to me like it is a bit imbalanced and overcentralizing to be released initially, especially if we go through with a Vic only launch. So, I voted No, later. Definitely after El Nath, perhaps before Ludi, in my opinion.
Fog was apart of the victoria island expansion, I think that was quite a while after aqua road? Not exactly sure. Which is why I also voted for the same option as you

Code

Tiger
I think that this game would be a lot more fun if we have players move to different locations first. I think FoG is a great addition but maybe once we have players that are already at a point where FoG isn't necessarily worth it for them anymore. I would say 2-3months till release of FoG.

Z00M

Explorer
Updated: changed title to "FOG guide", since this is 100% confirmed release. admins do assist me in putting this thread in the guide tab ;) thanks folks