• 1.5x EXP

• 1.5x DROP

• 2x EXP

• 2X Drop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Z00M

Explorer
Just to pass the time.

- range of rates are 1/1.5/2 for simplicity sake (any higher doesnt seem feasible anyway)
- mesos rate not included as it's not the main issue.
- exp rate (overall grinding experience you want to have, includes the reworked exp table made by wacky)

:3
XOXO

Z00M

Explorer
1.5x EXP/ 2x Drop

cuz i think these rates would satisfy my desire as a casual player (most of the time) to check off some items on my bucket list in a 3rd job server (reaching lvl135 and a decent gear over maybe 1year)

eorms3d

Explorer
1x/1x/1x is good enough for me. Especially if this server will remain around v12 or so. Won't be much to do around lvl 100-ish so slow and steady wins the race. Even if playing casually.

Rixon

Explorer
It's either x1.5 exp/drop but I'd prefer x2 exp/drop as a future casual. After playing OSM during it's return at the end - they boosted exp to x2 which was perfect imo. Drop rates changed to x2 (and even x3 though it was too much) but drops still didn't fall from the sky yet still gave a rewarding feeling. x1.5 could work as well but after testing for days x2 felt the best. We tested 1.5x drop rate as well in the drop rates events if you all remember and i don't think it's enough as a boost. I'll go for x2 exp and x2 drop.

Z00M

Explorer
We tested 1.5x drop rate as well in the drop rates events if you all remember and i don't think it's enough as a boost.
yea i feel u, i was hunting for drops n little difference in drops i felt during the 1.5x drop event

Rixon

Explorer
yea i feel u, i was hunting for drops n little difference in drops i felt during the 1.5x drop event

That's why i feel like x2 drop rates are the best in terms of overall balance but as we discussed already in the other thread - FOG is a problematic place for x2 drop rates - and that's why it should be added to the game way later if x2 or x1.5 drop rates will be implemented in the future (I hope so at least).

Pacha

2x exp - 2x drop. (Or 1.5x exp + curve = 2x exp ish)

I said previously that I was a OSM player, and after they balanced the game, I felt that it was perfect. I was able to scroll my own gears, but not overloaded with drops. I had enough mesos to upgrade my gears, but not too much.

I’d like to not stop myself at reaching level 100, but aim for higher levels like 120-140+ (High enough for end game content). Example : pap run, pianus run, zak run, lvl90 weapons drop, zak helmet service, etc.

Last edited:

Z00M

Explorer
at this point, (1x and 1.5x EXP tied @ 11 votes) and (2x drop leading w 14 votes), pretty interesting at the exp segment.

Tobbe

Imo x2 drop won’t be great for the economy. All the equipment dropped and NPCed will bring a lot of meso into the game. Keep the increased drop rate for scrolls only

Kine

Explorer
Doubling the drop rate (hence also for orbis etc.) will have a pretty big effect on the exp / rewards gained from turn-in quests. What do you suggest should be done with that?

Tobbe

You could just half equip npc value to avoid that.
Not just that, with x2 drop every coolie zombie will drop a bundle of meso, instead of half of them. Coolies being the best meso farm at x1 will be broken at x2 drop

Tobbe

Point being we shouldn’t have a flat x1.5/2 drop rate but a custom one if not sticking with the x1 drop rate that wacky has announced

Z00M

Explorer
Not just that, with x2 drop every coolie zombie will drop a bundle of meso, instead of half of them. Coolies being the best meso farm at x1 will be broken at x2 drop
Mesos rates r not part of the drop rates I think, each server states their mesos rates and we'd most likely be on 1x.
also I excluded it in this thread ;)

Tobbe

Mesos rates r not part of the drop rates I think, each server states their mesos rates and we'd most likely be on 1x.
also I excluded it in this thread ;)
I’m talking about the chance to drop meso or not. Not the meso rate. If a mob has a 50% chance to drop meso and then the drop rate is doubled each and every one of that mob will drop meso

Last edited:

Z00M

Explorer
I’m talking about the chance to drop meso or not. Not the meso rate. If a mob has a 50% chance to drop meso and then the drop rate is doubled each and every one of that mob will drop meso
Ah I see, well 3x drop makes it approx 90%+ mesos drop if it helps, so a 2x drop wouldn't seem so op? On 3x I did 1.8m per 1hr at coolies, compared to the 1.5m on a 1x. That's just me

Rex

Even if coolie is op meso it doesn't change the fact its not good leveling after a certain point. The biggest issue people had with OSM in the later level and people will have it here too is that grinding is too expensive. You spend massive amount of meso on pots grinding past 90-100 to the point where you go broke and have to resort to going back to coolies to farm meso. That's not fun at all.

I rather see increase in drop rate so people can sustain themselves while grinding and a nerf to coolie meso if that's really going to be an issue. Leveling in a low rate server is already a challenge in of itself with the time required, the extra layer of cost was what caused a lot of OSM players to quit post 90 and one of the biggest complains they were going to address before the abrupt shut down.