Content at start.

Content

• Total voters

xerta

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What content would you guys like to see at start.
There is talk about vic only, Vic + orbis, vic + orbis + ludi.

What would most of you guys want to see, this is just to start a discussion on what we want as the community.

Last edited:

Knivingdude

Balrog Killer
It was pretty cool experiencing Victoria only for a while. Especially since Cold Eyes was my favorite map to train on.

I'm down for whatever though.

Robbery

Beginner
I like Victoria only personally, but any of these options are okay.

Edit: With the addition of the 4th option (while the other scenarios are still okay), the 2-3 week buffer is definitely a clear 2nd place winner for me.

Edit: Since the poll got reworked, changed vote to 2-3 months.

Last edited:

Ninja

I'm a big fan of Victoria-only to begin with. I feel you have to be a little more creative with your training/farming, than if you had the standard paths that come with Orbis and Ludi right away.

imagicmani

im more of a fan of having all 3 to be available. sure i wont see ludi for a while, but i am not a fan of having to grind in the same 3 places day in and day out to level, and would like the variety that having ludi offers.

Mangoed

I personally find Victoria-only ideal at launch, and then slowly updating up to Orbis and Ludi.

Edit: Maybe 4 to 6 weeks?

Last edited:

EddardStark

Explorer
Going to change my answer from Vic only to Vic+Orbis at launch.

Vic is good till about lvl 50 but then really sub-optimal after that.
Otherwise idm it being Vic only and then Orbis releasing very shortly like 2-3 weeks after.

wackyracer

Developer
Staff member
Web Developer
Administrator
Community Manager
Forum Administrator
Developer
Game Master
Respected Member
I personally find Victoria-only ideal at launch, and then slowly updating up to Orbis and Ludi.
Going to change my answer from Vic only to Vic+Orbis at launch.

Vic is good till about lvl 50 but then really sub-optimal after that.
Otherwise idm it being Vic only and then Orbis releasing very shortly like 2-3 weeks after.

Hmmm... Having the server be Victoria-Only for about 2-3 weeks then open up Ossyria is a pretty good idea! I like this. It would allow us to create another "First Boat Ride" experience, which would be really fun and wholesome in my opinion.

I wonder what the rest of us think about doing things that way...

You should add that as an option @xerta .

BadQuintrix

Hmmm... Having the server be Victoria-Only for about 2-3 weeks then open up Ossyria is a pretty good idea! I like this. It would allow us to create another "First Boat Ride" experience, which would be really fun and wholesome in my opinion.

I wonder what the rest of us think about doing things that way...

You should add that as an option @xerta .
Sound really good first boat right is great with al the Peuple that would come to joint the right

Z00M

Explorer
changed my choice to vic for 2~3 weeks as i believe even casual players can reach lv35+ (hardcore peeps prob close to lv70 already) and others wouldve already explored vic (tauros/ cold eyes/ red drakes/ drakes) and want a more efficient grind (drops or mesos or exp) at orbis (Grupins/Coolies/ Jr Yetis)

Rixon

Explorer
I'm going for Vic only for 2-3 weeks but if it's more than that then Vic + Orbis for sure. I believe that people will out level Victoria far quicker then expected - especially with modified exp formula and x10 quest rate.

Pacha

Vic only for 2-3 weeks. Same reasons as everyone else :

- Fresh start on the island
- First boat ride experience
- New content at the right time

Jugemu

Explorer
I really really like the Vic only start. As long as it doesn't take half a year to get the Orbis update, I think it's the ideal way to launch the server. Forcing players to use the maps that are less ideal than Coolies, Jr. Yetis and so on makes for a more interesting experience. Honestly, I wish Victoria mobs were balanced so they would be a good alternative to Orbis/Nath mobs, but that's a whole different topic.

GeneralOfNothing

I voted for Vic only because I enjoy the training spots and having a smaller world overall at the start will force players onto the same maps which is a great way to make friends. Orbis would not be then end of the world for me but I definitely would not want Ludi in at the start as it would be a shame to see everyone run off to teddies at level 30 and then stay at LPQ to 51. (I do hate party quests though so I am biased.)

Last edited:

Woofie

Hey guys, I voted for Victoria for 2-3 weeks because I believe that it would be a fun experience to take a first boat ride after we are all ready to tackle orbis. It will open the world at a unique rate, more community oriented. Screenshot city!

neophyte

Explorer
I changed my vote from Vic only to Vic for 2-3 weeks.

I think having the whole server on one continent for a time has a lot of value. The fact that you could always find people in the community easily (no boat ride / muling necessary) was pretty nice. More likely to run into people, to chill in Henesys, KC, even Perion.. I'd lean towards 3 or even 4 weeks tbh. I did change my vote though, because keeping up the momentum (realeasing new content, not having Ludi too far away) is probably important overall, for server health and player satisfaction.

Martinho

King Slime
Vic for a few weeks, maybe a month.
I remember how there was so much fuzz about Jr. Wraiths in Global. F/P wizards wanted to train there, as did clerics. However, all being on the same island definitely had its charm for a while. You had to be creative, I actually grinded Ligators for a while and loved it!

Unpopular opinion inside:
I would actually love having area bosses like Mano and Stumpy from the start. I know they don't fit the progressive character of the server, but they do add a nice change from the early game grind without harming the old-school experience.
Currently, the only early boss mobs are King Slime and Mushmom. The former requires you to do PQ every time, for the latter you have to be part of the Ilbi mafia to even get a shot...

Last edited: