Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I dont mind eitherway

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

Martinho

King Slime
There's been a little bit of talk about area bosses on Discord.
I am a huge fan because they add extra goals to the early game, albeit small goals, without harming the nostalgic experience. Without them, the only bosses are King Slime (for which you're required to PQ and is hardly challenging with a decent party), Mushmom, Jr. Balrog and Bob the snail, iirc.
(Not counting Crimson Balrog because it's looking like we're starting off without Ossyria at first.)
Apparently, Wacky said in Discord that he's considering adding Mano which would be great.
I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the subject of Area bosses though.

For reference: Area Bosses - MapleWiki.
(Apparently Zombie Mushmom is not included in the list. Was it not part of the area bosses?)

Neopets

Explorer
Area bosses are always appreciated in my eyes. They were fun to attempt as a lower level player and they will introduce more scrolls into the game (maybe removing or alleviating some need of increasing scroll droprate as stated in another thread @.@)

Knivingdude

Balrog Killer
I wouldn't mind a few area bosses here or there but it might trouble some people looking for a more or less nostalgic experience.

Unlike the experience system which can be easy to ignore mechanically, Monsters are seen by the player.
It's easy for someone to say "That boss wasn't suppose to be here at the start." And can make some people suspect more things that might drive them off. Could be something to consider, but lot's of players might be sentimental when it comes to going to servers like this.

Dirty

I love all area bosses, gives more reasons to move around the maple world and not stay in one place.

Quiet

Explorer
I think it's worth bumping this thread again. Personally I think introducing area bosses provides new fun content (and scroll drops which are otherwise lacking, as discussed in other threads), which to me outweighs being 100% identical to v12. This is especially true since we are not 100% identical to v12 in the first place.

Rex

Idc so much about area bosses as long as you don't lock drop behind them and there other ways to farm stuff. Most people don't have the time of day to be camping respawn so area bosses honestly only ever benefit VERY few people. Its not so bad at the early version but its so bad in the later version of maple just make me dislike them a lot lol.

DrewDragoon

King Slime
I do enjoy all of the area bosses and I do think it adds more positive things to the game but I also want to follow the timeline fairly accurately so I would prefer if these area bosses were added later closer to when they originally were added in the original game.