[WIP] Essential quest guide

Martinho

King Slime
Hello guys!

With this guide I want to shed light on the different quests and which quests I believe to be essential, convenient or completely useless. There's a list of all quests with requirements and rewards here. This guide will divide them into different categories based on requirements and rewards. Feedback is always welcomed.

Essential
Quests are considered essential when the rewards greatly outweigh the requirements.
[Level 25] Jane and the Wild Boar
NPC: Jane (Lith Harbor)
Req.: 100 Wild Boar Teeth, 120 Horny Mushroom Caps
Rew.: Random 60% weapon scroll
Just by grinding you'll probably collect thousands of Wild Boar Teeth and Horny Mushroom Caps, so this quest is definitely a must-do. With a little bit of luck, you can get a scroll that sells for a few 100k or matches your own weapon. Especially when the server is a little bit older, this quest is very easy money.
[Level 30] POLLUTED! <2-Curse Eye>
NPC: Wanted: Curse Eye (Dungeon: Hunting Ground in the Deep Forest II)
Req.: Kill 99 Curse Eyes and report to The Rememberer
Rew.: Random chance between Potions (5 Reindeer Milk or 3 Sunset Dew) or Random Job-based 60% Weapon ATT Scroll
This quest is easy enough around level 35. If you can gather a party, it's definitely worth to do the second quest (kill 999 C. Eyes) as well. The reward for that one is potentially another weapon or cape scroll and it's repeatable.
[Level 40] Jane the Alchemist
NPC: Jane (Lith Harbor)
Req.: Pure Water, 130 Medicines with Weird Vibes, 50 Malady's Experimental Frogs, 20 Dragon Skins, 10 Saps of Ancient Tree, 3 Drake's Bloods, Mushmom Spore, Moon Rock
Rew.: Random Glove ATT scroll
By the time you've managed to complete this bulky quest, Glove Attack scrolls might be in very high demand for very high prices making it once again worth to buy (some of) the required items.

Convenient
Quests that are not too difficult and give useful items like pots and equipment are considered convenient.
[Beginner only] A Lesson on Job Advancement + The Path of <insert class>
NPC: Olaf (Lith Harbor)
Req. : Absolutely nothing
Rew.: 365 exp
This quest gives over half the required exp at level 8 or 1/3 at level 10 for doing absolutely nothing.
[Level 10] The Mushroom Studies + I'm Bored + The Stump Horror Story + Help on My Homework
NPC: Bruce (Henesys), Icarus (Kerning City), Ayan (Perion), Wing the Fairy (Ellinia)
Req.: 10 Mushroom Spores, 40 Orange Mushroom Caps, 70 Tree Branches, 70 Squishy Liquids, 10 Slime Bubbles + kill 50 Stumps
Rew.: 80 Red Potion, 80 Blue Potion
Potions are expensive in the early levels, so these quests are very convenient. Plenty of Stumps can be found in East Rocky Mountain I (two maps east of Perion), Slimes and Mushrooms are found at HHG1 which is basically your home at these levels.
[Level 15] Nella & Kerning City Citizen's Request (Q1+2)
NPC: Nella (Kerning City)
Req.: 50 Green Mushroom Cap, 50 Bubbling's Huge Bubble, 5 Processed Wood, 5 Screw
Rew.: 50 Lemons, 100 Cakes
Especially the cakes are useful since they heal 100hp and 100mp. The screws are rewarded by John from [Level 15] John's Pink Flower Basket. The rest of Nella's quest, including the level 25 part, is more of a grind for mediocre rewards. Gathering 100 Octopus Legs is very time consuming and the level 20 glove you get as a reward doesn't give any stats besides defense.
[Level 15] DANGER! <1-G. Mushroom>
[Level 20] DANGER! <2-H. Mushroom>
[Level 22] DANGER! <3-Z. Mushroom>
[Level 21] POLLUTED! <1-Evil Eye>

NPC: Wanted Signs (Dungeon: Deep Forest, Dungeon: Ant Tunnel III, Dungeon: Ant Tunnel IV, Dungeon: Cave of Evil Eye I)
Req.: Kill 99 Green Mushrooms, 99 Horny Mushrooms, 99 Zombie Mushrooms, 99 Evil Eyes and report to The Rememberer
Rew.: 50 White Potions, 100 White Potions, 50 Mana Elixirs, 100 Mana Elixirs
The first parts of these quests give White Potions and Mana Elixirs. Strangely enough, the second, more demanding part of the quest give very shitty rewards so don't bother doing these unless you're actually grinding the required mobs.
[Level 20] Shumi's Lost Coin
NPC: Shumi
Req.: Complete the jump quest
Rew.: 30 Random Return Scrolls
Return scrolls are always useful and the jump quest is not very hard. In OBT, I got 30 Sleepywood scrolls which is probably the best outcome for this quest.
[Level 23] Camila's Gem
NPC: Camila (Henesys)
Req.: Finish the jump quest at Utah's farm
Rew.: Random chance between 30 Cake or 1 Pig Illustrated
You can hardly call this a jump quest, just avoid the pigs and make sure to teleport from the correct hay bales. You can look up the solution here. The Pig Illustrated gives +10 acc and is therefore very useful for low-dex warriors.

THIS GUIDE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.
Let me know which quests you think are essential and which are worth doing.

Last edited:

Amy

I don't think the sauna robe is an essential quest, since this server is removing secondary stat requirements for armor. This means that thieves and mages will actually have better armors they can choose from without sacrificing int/dex.

Martinho

King Slime
I don't think the sauna robe is an essential quest, since this server is removing secondary stat requirements for armor. This means that thieves and mages will actually have better armors they can choose from without sacrificing int/dex.
What will male dexless thieves wear though?

Xalate

They will wear normal rogue items? Some might want to get the robe, to scroll (Although top/bot scrolls might come soon). However, i've done the math, and being dexless without maple weapons is worse than going normal dex, in just about every scenario i've tested. So going dexless before those drop, will be a huge mistake :).

Mowch

Thanks guys, very useful information I'll be sharing among my group. Was looking into the dexless thief and this will make the entire difference , thank you !