[UPDATE] Website? Done. Game Data? Fixed. Closed Beta Registration?! OPENING SOON!!

How fast do you think the 100 new closed beta account registration limit will be reached?

• Total voters

wackyracer

Developer
Staff member
Web Developer
Administrator
Community Manager
Forum Administrator
Developer
Game Master
Respected Member
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi

what's cookin' community?!

(This is the part where you all come in and say "Special, bell peppers and beef.")
1341259759423.jpg
We're sorry for starving you all of updates for the past month. We failed to deliver more frequent updates, and we hope you can forgive us.
( pls forgif ;~; )

In our own defence, we've had some really unlucky stuff happen recently. Y'know, like irl unlucky stuff.

Me and @eGoddess recently were around a mutual friend who tested positive for COVID-19. We just got tested on Tuesday. Our results come back in 5-7 days of whether or not we picked it up or not. In the meantime, we're snug and doing our best to quarantine ourselves just in-case. Better safe than sorry!! Hopefully we test negative and everything is fine for us both.

ANYWAY... Let's move on to the update!!

The update we have for you today is gonna be a real nice one. We promised a time sensitive date with this update, we are delivering on that. But before we get to that...

THE WEBSITE IS FINISHED AND LIVE: https://revivalstory.net/
After thoroughly refactoring the old website's code both in the frontend and backend (that's what she said xd), we finally reached a point of completion with the website that we are cool with publicly showing off. Let us know what you think!!

Not only have things gotten better for the website, but the Game Data has also been improved. The Kerning City Subway bugs involving broken maps and weird mobs defying physics were squashed. There shouldn't be issues with those maps anymore.

Also, all of the unplaced quest NPCs are now placed in their correct spots. Victoria Island now has more quests available to do, such as the Icarus quest line for the Icarus Cape 1, 2, or 3. A more detailed update regarding Quest NPCs will be posted soon after this has been posted. It will be written and posted by our very own @Mobster.

And now what we all want to know... What is the time sensitive date that is included in this update? Well...

It is currently the 9th of July as I write this.
On July 11th, 6:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) (lul 7/11), we will be opening up account registration to get some more hands on deck with testing the next update of Closed Beta for 100 new users.

"What new things does the next update of Closed Beta have going on?"
Well to start things off, the new EXP table is finally going to be tested for the first time. On top of that, there will be the new quests, new NPCs, and also the fixed version of Kerning City Subway.

The main goal of this next stage of closed beta is to acquire opinions and data for the new EXP table. The change that was made is that now there is less EXP required to level up. We chose to do this instead of increasing the EXP rates to create a more clean vanilla feel to the game, while having the game's pace be increased similar to increasing the rates. Just in a sneakier way!~

One last topic I wanted to cover before I finish this post up is more of a serious one. I want to talk about the particular exploit that is being abused in other servers.

(DISCLAIMER: I will not be naming any servers in particular, as that isn't what I wanted to talk about.)

I want to address this exploit of creating multiple mules and have them take damage while you heal them, and other similar exploits. We the development team at RevivalStory are already on the case with engineering a solution to prevent this from happening. We will not have this be possible in RevivalStory. If you were hoping to perform this exploit when the game servers opened up to the public, then allow me to crush those hopes and dreams. By public release, it will not be possible at all. We will go into detail about this in another post in the future.

For now, that is all. I love you all and thank you for being so patient.
“Knock, knock.”
“Who’s there?”
[very long pause] “Java.”
Thank you for tuning in to this update!!

Last edited:

Plusmine

What's your actual stance regarding the EXP table? Can we get a TL;DR of it?
I dont' really mind it much, but it would be nice to know what we are going to play/test actually.
Or is it the intention to beta-play it blind and get a feel of it.