[UPDATE] RevivalStory Re-Release Information Thread

Robbery

Beginner
Pure nonsense but nobody will say why, only insult me and leave. Not much of a circle if the dialogue stops when I challenge their views. :s

Martinho

King Slime
Stop the fight already, the compensation has been adjusted, the complainers have been heard. No need to go on about it.

Everyone will get 2500NX up until lvl 25, for each level above 25 you get 100 extra. Basically you get lvl*100NX if you're above level 25 which was exactly what metito was asking for. Those who didn't get a chance to play because of bugs and downtime still get 2500NX which is a very nice compensation along with the 3500 that was already handed out.

Lion

Ok Robbery, sounds good. If I said anything that hurt your feelings, my bad. For me, it's the limitation of this form of communicating in long forum posts that hinders my ability to see the humanity in others, as I am much more used to talking to people face-to-face in short exchanges of dialogue. If I said anything that demeaned you as a human being, that's not cool, and I apologize.

Please do understand that I and only I speak for myself, so I ask that you don't mix up what I say with what others say. Also, please try your best to separate the insults from the argument, because even until now I see you either (1) refusing to acknowledge the argument because you've been insulted, (2) attacking a weaker version of the argument, or (3) ignoring the argument altogether.

That said, at this point it's petty to belabor the details of compensation. I've left the Discord and was unaware of changes like the hat and the new compensation formula. Thanks to those who provided the info. This is a better way to distribute compensation given the circumstances, and I commend the staff for thinking of it and pulling through with it.

This leaves "Ilbigate" to be the only remaining point of contention. I understand that this has been a meme since wacky's first post about the duped Ilbis. But for anyone reading this who thinks the Ilbis don't matter, I ask that you take the time to consider what I write because the implications of "Ilbigate" are a pretty big deal.

After the wipe announcement out, I spoke to at least 4 people in my BL who were telling me that they believed wacky lied about the Ilbis in order to have an official reason to wipe because he wanted to refresh the hype. I did not (and still do not) believe that wacky would lie like that, based on my interactions with wacky and in his confidence that there will be no future exploits (explained later), but I don't think it's hard to understand the frustration of these players that would lead them to think in the most cynical way of wacky.

Mind you again, I have my reasons to believe that wacky has been telling the truth, but my point is that it's much more helpful for the discussion if we try our best to sympathize with the POVs of those who distrust wacky, because they have a valid argument that should be heard. So far, I haven't seen anyone other than myself who acknowledges the validity of their case. It's only been memes and insults and butthurts all the way.

If the server had been out for a month or two with good uptime (and, especially with all the tryhard Mushmom slayers in this server), I don't think anyone in their right mind would have contested wacky's claim that Ilbis existed in the server. But given the server's uptime and player levels, also accounting for the #of Mushmom killed and the Ilbi drop-rate, the overall chance that even one Ilbi legitimately dropped from a Mushmom in this server was low enough for people to suspect foul-play. Even being generous, this chance was somewhere around 5%. Of course, this is a subjective measure and everyone will have different thresholds, but it seems acceptable to me that many players would put more faith in 95% over wacky's word. This is stuff we talked about in this thread, so anyone reading this can go read that for more context.

I honestly can't tell if you are being disingenuous or just didn't read it. Literally the next sentence says that I'm aware it's not actually 50/50. I was being hyperbolic.

The primary argument backing the "ilbi don't exist" argument quite frankly, sucks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the primary case I've seen being made is a reference to the drop rate. "MM only has an X.XX% chance to drop so I don't believe that it dropped." Not believing that they dropped is fine, but remember that it's IMPROBABLE, not IMPOSSIBLE. There's a big difference there. All it takes is one kill for ilbi to drop. That's it. There's no secret trick, there's no formula, there's no guarantees. It's 50/50, you either get it or you don't. Yes yes I know that's not how it works, but the concept is still the same. Was MM killed? If yes then there could have been an ilbi drop.

Sorry if you thought I was being disingenuous, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were being logically consistent, which led me to assume that you believe that the chance is at least close to 50:50. I do not see how you could conclude that the "Ilbi don't exist" argument sucks if you are aware of the math and agree that the chances are somewhere closer to 5:95. Also, I thought I was being generous with the initial numbers, but we can adjust them to something you find more reasonable if you'd like.

I'm sure you wouldn't say that possibility entails outcome; in other words, just because something could have happened, it did. Otherwise you could also argue that wacky could have lied, so he did. Anyway, if you are suggesting that despite the low overall probability you still believe the Ilbis dropped because "wacky said so," that is perfectly OK. I am also somewhere on that boat or an adjacent one, for reasons I'll explain below. But my point is that the probability is low enough for any rational person to find it at least a bit suspicious, and that it's very reasonable for people to ask for more transparency on this issue, and that wacky should hear out their demands. So far, the response from the community has largely been something like, "shush, stop complaining. non-wipers BTFO." I understand that half of those comments are just memes, but I hope everyone also understands that the Ilbigate people have legitimate concerns and want to be confident that wacky isn't a liar and that there aren't other holes in this server that will potentially lead to another wipe.

Ultimately, no one cares for the server more than wacky does, and all we can do is trust that he'll make the right decisions while we give our feedback along the way. Based on what some unnamed people have said and wacky's confidence that no further exploits are possible, I find it most likely that wacky was already aware of the existence of a legitimate Ilbi drop (albeit unlikely) and/or that the lucky person had connections to the dupe exploiter/s and told wacky about it which confirmed to him that there was no need to search for some other exploit involving Ilbis, or the possibility that there was a traitor in the staff. But this is all speculation, and whatever any of us say on either side will always be speculation since wacky hasn't told us much.

I believe, Robbery, that you also said that the lack of transparency is absurd. I think this is something we can all agree on. In my original post, I listed 5 questions that I wanted to be answered. wacky answered one and indirectly answered another, while three still remain unanswered. But at this point, it might be for the best that they remain unanswered lol.

Anyway, I again apologize if I had said something to rustle your jimmies. It's only a game, nothing personal. I believe I laid out my points pretty clearly and exhaustively, but if there's any inconsistencies or confusion on your part, feel free to respond and I might get back to you after some time. I hope we can all find the decency to be welcoming to everyone and to treat each another with civility despite how they may have treated us in the past.

Robbery

Beginner
Hey Lion,

First off allow me to assure you that there's no need to apologize. My feelings are all intact, and in my opinion you've been perfectly reasonable and civil, we just happen to disagree is all. No demeaning or insults or name calling or anything of the sort, you've just been arguing your views on the topic(s) at hand. I trust that you are also doing well, but while we're here allow me to offer my apologies as well if I've crossed any lines in our discussion.

Please do understand that I and only I speak for myself, so I ask that you don't mix up what I say with what others say. Also, please try your best to separate the insults from the argument, because even until now I see you either (1) refusing to acknowledge the argument because you've been insulted, (2) attacking a weaker version of the argument, or (3) ignoring the argument altogether.
I don't believe that I've done anything of the sort in regards to the 3 points here. I do however realize that it's easier to see these from the outside and I'm of course biased towards my own arguments so if there's any specific examples to point out I'll do my best to clear that up. Same goes for mixing up words. Looking at my last post here I do see that where I said "... nobody will tell me, just insult me and leave" does imply that I thought you were doing that, which is my mistake. You weren't insulting me, and just because you didn't reply right away doesn't mean you left, so that one is definitely on me. Again if there's something else I'll try and clear it up.

Mind you again, I have my reasons to believe that wacky has been telling the truth, but my point is that it's much more helpful for the discussion if we try our best to sympathize with the POVs of those who distrust wacky, because they have a valid argument that should be heard. So far, I haven't seen anyone other than myself who acknowledges the validity of their case. It's only been memes and insults and butthurts all the way.
I do sympathize with their PoV, this is the I sympathize with the most even. The first 2 things that I say about it are that I think it's reasonable and that agree with some of it.
This I think is the most reasonable one, but it seems to be that everyone is so quick to jump to the conclusion that it's false despite the lack of evidence. Let me say that I do agree with it somewhat. You are definitely reasonable to be skeptical of it, but to the point of out right denying it is a bit of a stretch.
I'm no stranger to low drop rates, I get why it seems suspicious.
I understand people being sus of this given the rather convenient
timing of it all.
I've never discouraged the skepticism, or claimed that Wacky is pure of heart so we must take his word, or something like this (not claiming you said I did, just clarifying). I just think that some members of the community are quick to assume guilt without any evidence because they don't agree with the wipe. There is absolutely a chance that there was foul play, or that Wacky is outright lying. However, until someone can show me some evidence of that, I don't have any reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do not see how you could conclude that the "Ilbi don't exist" argument sucks if you are aware of the math and agree that the chances are somewhere closer to 5:95.
Although looking back I wish I had perhaps chosen some different word, I still stand by saying that it sucks. I say that because we have no way of knowing what actually happened. There's nothing to show beyond a reasonable doubt that the ilbi didn't drop. MM was killed, MM can drop ilbi, so it's possible that it did. I agree, the chances are low, the timing is overly convenient to the point of suspicion... but it could've happened.

I'm not without suspicion about the whole ordeal, but I have no problem admitting again that I believe Wacky about it. I'm not 100%, but I'm convinced enough that I'm willing to suspend my disbelief because I find it much more unreasonable that he would lie about it, rather than just admitting he changed his mind.

So far, the response from the community has largely been something like, "shush, stop complaining. non-wipers BTFO."
Yes both sides were rather unwilling to hear anything from the other, and although some were memes some were definitely serious. I hope that I haven't been coming off this way, as it's certainly not my intent. Everyone should be able to raise concern over something they feel is being handled poorly, underhanded activity, or what have you. Problem is some people were sending Wacky to the gallows for something we're not even sure that he did. They weren't just voicing concern or casting doubt, they were sentencing him to death by their own conviction.

I believe, Robbery, that you also said that the lack of transparency is absurd. I think this is something we can all agree on. In my original post, I listed 5 questions that I wanted to be answered. wacky answered one and indirectly answered another, while three still remain unanswered. But at this point, it might be for the best that they remain unanswered lol.
I did indeed, and I'll say it again. Wacky's transparency sucks. I appreciate what he's done but if Wacky had to give an update every 24 hours about if he was still breathing in order to stay alive we'd be attending his funeral, definitely not a strong point of his. I'll agree also that it may be for the best that some things remain unanswered.

I hope we can all find the decency to be welcoming to everyone and to treat each another with civility despite how they may have treated us in the past.
Word. Our back and forth has been nothing but a good time as far as I'm concerned. We can always be civil with each other even when we disagree.