[UPDATE] Moar Bugs Squashed & Happy 6/9!!

Which is a better number?

• Total voters

wackyracer

Developer
Staff member
Web Developer
Administrator
Community Manager
Forum Administrator
Developer
Game Master
Respected Member
hello thur community!!

Well well well... Would you look at what a beautifully numbered day it is today... 6/9!!

F8C337D852257F5B1D57388F79F383AAC0AE5B3E

AnYwHo... I hope you all have been well this past 2 weeks!!

This update thread will be smaller than the previous ones. Mainly because we don't have too much to brag about other than neat list o' bug fixes and a couple of things I wanted to address publicly.

First off, I want to very clearly announce that there is a fake/duplicate RevivalStory going around the place. They have a YouTube channel as well as a GTop100 listing. They took a screenshot of our logo here on the forums and are using it as their logo. The guy developing the server is also using my username `wackyracer` in the game (this can be seen in his cash shop video). They are not us. This forum, revivalstory.net, and our Discord are the only social media platforms we have at the moment. We do not have a YouTube yet, we do not have a Facebook yet, and so-on. Do not get fooled. At the same time, I'd love to talk to the guy who made that YouTube and GTop100. It seems like he's a pretty smart guy if he really got v15 GMS working that well. If you're reading this random guy, add me on Discord: wackyracer#1337 I'd love to see the differences between v12 and v15 at the very least.

Moving on from that...

The server is pretty caught-up in terms of in-game bugs :D!

However, not every bug is squashed yet. Our Data.wz (game data) still has some map bugs that trigger disconnections, flying mobs, broken footholds, maps you fall through, wrong portals, and there are even some unplaced NPCs that must be placed before release. Our main data developer @xellopi is currently sorting out some real-life issues and won't be working on the server until further notice. So as you can imagine, progress regarding this particular area of the server has slowed dramatically. Heck, if WZ data editing is your thing, shoot me a message in Discord!!

Another thing holding us back from release is the website. It is mostly done. Off of the top of my head, currently what doesn't work is the password reset function and rankings. Other than that, there are some small visual bugs like misplaced text and whatnot. If you are a web developer and would like to assist in fixing up the website then shoot me a message in Discord!!

And finally, here is the list of bugs that we managed to squash during the past 2 weeks:

[BUG FIXES]
  • Quest: broken mirror glass doesn't drop
  • Job Advancement: Dark Marble doesn't drop
  • Visual/text: #cdagger# instead of "dagger" in cash shop text
  • Pet: Can't use pet scrolls on pet equips
  • Minigame: Reverse Omok, Match Card points (winners lose pts <-> losers win pts)
  • Pet: using pet food freezes your character if you don't have a pet equipped - can't attack, can't use portals, can't use or move stuff from inventory, until relog
  • Quest: Fixing Blackbull's House always gives Red Triangular Shield, never Steel Shield
  • Quest: Nella & Kerning City Citizen's Request gives 200 exp instead of 300 pre-multiplier
  • Quest: Maya and the Weird medicine cannot be started by beginners.
  • Server: Sacrifice does not take away HP if you execute a mob. It should. But it doesn’t.
  • Client/Database: Deleting a character won't remove it from one's buddy list
  • Reset: AP resets are broken, remove AP from stat 1 but don't add AP to stat 2 - only if the stat you’re trying to add to is 4.
  • Reset: Resetting added AP from either HP or MP to any stat, as well as resetting AP from another stat to HP or MP seems to freeze the character no matter what, it does not remove the AP though
  • Reset: SP can be used to cheat points from a pre-req skill to a skill that requires it while having 0 points in the requiring skill (no practical use)
  • Quest: John's Last Present cannot be started by anyone
  • Quest: Mystery of Naora Hospital remains uncompleted, after completion
  • Nexon original bug TM/Quest: Jane the Alchemist [2] doesn't inform you of the need to bring 30 Malady's Experimental Frog. Quest window does show it.
  • Quest: Ronnie & The Fairies Building a New House cannot be started by level 55+ mages
  • Quest: No quest info for Maple Island quests
  • Quest: Requirements checked, revised, and fixed up for all quests
  • Kites: Fixed the name of the character who put the kite up to properly show instead of showing your character name.

And that concludes this smol update. I love and thank you all again for being such great community members aiding in the construction of this beautiful server. Expect another update to be written by @Mobster soon regarding the new quests he has in store for us! Until next time!!

Why do Java developers wear glasses?
... because they can't C# ;)!!

Thank you for tuning in to this update!!

Olympia

Thank you so much for the hard work that you and the staff members are constantly investing on the development of this server It is really motivating to see that we have such an active development here, I can't wait to join!

Also, I hope that everything goes well with @xellopi (I don't even have an idea of what you are going through, but remember that the very best warriors are given the most challenging battles! You can do it!)