[UPDATE] Mid-April Newsletter

How long do you think the development team should sleep for each night?

• A nice and peaceful 12 hours...

• All you need is 8 hours! Science says so!

• Sleep? Lol, you mean waste precious development time?

Results are only viewable after voting.

wackyracer

Developer
Staff member
Web Developer
Administrator
Community Manager
Forum Administrator
Developer
Game Master
Respected Member
Hiya everyone,

I am going to start this update off by complimenting the community's efforts in increasing participation in discussions.

If I have not made this clear previously, I am very proud of our community. Quite a healthy amount of topics have been discussed since the last update I posted! I appreciate the dedication and enthusiasm that some of you exemplify. Believe it or not, I read all discussions even if I do not reply to all of them. I also appreciate the threads where very in-depth data is provided to back up a particular point. Thank you all for providing me with useful information to properly shape the Revival Story experience for you all! Without the discussions, I would not have known this community wanted Victoria Island first or if FoG was/wasn't Pog.

And now I will be giving official statements regarding a couple of hotly debated topics:

1. Based on the community's responses, I am going to make the server Victoria Island only upon server release. We will have our first Orbis ride at or past (not precisely!) 90 days after the server release.

2. Based on this poll's information, just a little over 1/5 (21.3%) of the community says FoG is Pog, and a little less than 4/5 (78.7%) say FoG is not Pog. The total vote count is 47, a little low. However, many valid points backing up the votes were able to help me see that FoG should be introduced later in the game, not immediately. I made up my mind, and I will be disabling the portal to FoG until a future patch. Which patch? We'll just have to wait and see. FoG is not Pog!!

3. Based on the community's feedback and participation in the Scroll Drop Rate discussion, I have made up my mind and will be increasing the drop rate for scrolls. By how much? We will just have to wait and see while I perform the fine-tuning before the server's release.

4. Widescreen is confirmed for Revival Story. It is currently being worked on, and we will post a thread update regarding it when we feel it is ready to be showed off.

That concludes the official statements part of this update.

And now we are moving on to the news about Closed Beta.

1. Closed Beta is truly just around the corner now. The game is primed and ready for Closed Beta, however the host is not. We are currently in the middle of working out the situation regarding the game host. All I can say is we're prepping things for that. In the meanwhile... The registration for Closed Beta will be intermittently opening. There will be 4 waves of account registration. Each wave will permit a certain amount of accounts to be registered until a maximum number has been reached and then registration will be locked off again. Stay vigilant for the next announcement regarding the first wave of account registration!

2. In Closed Beta, Maple Administrator will be the NPC that assists you with testing the server out in a faster way. I'll let her explain herself from here:

11e4C3E.png

T6yA0xY.png

1WPiV5h.png

TEXT VERSION FOR PEOPLE USING TRANSLATORS:
My name is Maple Administrator and I am an NPC that allows any user to accelerate themselves further into testing much faster than just playing normally!!

I allow you to perform similar actions that Game Masters would normally be able to make via an in-game chat command. Pretty cool right?

This allows anyone to test new features and accelerate attempts to break the game so that the development team can get off of their lazy butts and code things!!

The faster the testing of new features goes, the faster we can get out of Closed Beta and release the server!!

These pictures perfectly show off the abilities that Maple Administrator possesses in order to assist you in testing features quicker in the Beta Testing server. I also made it so that you would be able to access Maple Administrator from anywhere by using player commands: /mapleadmin or /mapleadm or /mapleadministrator. Again, this is all only happening in the Beta Test server!

And that finally concludes this update as a whole. Thanks for being so patient with me regarding the release of this server. Believe me, I want the server to be out now. However! Believe it or not, as I wrote this update thread I found a couple of more bugs to fix... ~sigh~... Just to name one: Pets don't expire into dolls, they just delete like regular NX cash items. I hope you all understand that I don't want bugs like this to hit the server release, as they'd be very upsetting to experience. Again, thank you for being so patient!!

And now it's time for me to go back to squashing more bugs...

Thank you for tuning in to this update!

Last edited:

Whore

Thanks for all the hard work Wacky!
Can't wait for the server release, and I think the patience will pay off for everyone :)

This gonna be amazing.

eorms3d

Explorer
Cheers for the hard work!
I approve of the mapleadmin help tool. Back in MapleGlobal it was very difficult to test slightly higher level content due to the fact that you don't really wanna grind heavily on a temporary beta version of the game.

Martinho

King Slime
Thanks for the update! You're doing an awesome job!
You're right, better to prevent those bugs than to clean up the mess they might leave behind.