Suggestions regarding retaining casual players

Helium

Buffing Exp/HP Ratio of mobs
This was discussed on discord and I liked it. It doesn't have to be all mobs, but any mob that has a markedly worse ratio compared to the best ratio within its level range should be buffed. As it stands, few players will grind diverse mobs out of interest in exploration. Most players will grind on worse mobs begrudgingly due to not being able to find a good spot, especially casuals who can't play long hours (they shouldn't feel "punished" for that). Nor should they be forced to grind worse exp mobs out of a need to farm their own items. Improving unpopular mobs makes it fun to grind diverse mobs for everyone.

Increasing economic activity at lower levels
It could help keep players interested if lower leveled equips are more easily obtainable. I suggest making level 30-60 weapons and armor drop globally (or significantly increase their availability) among mobs of the respective level ranges. Right now it's kind of unbalanced. For example, zombie lupins drop a ton of good stuff and it's mostly clerics grinding them while they already make the most money early game. Level 50/60 bows only drop from maladys while vic only. This will even things out a bit. But there might be some key items, like yellow umbrellas, that people want to keep rare. Since level 70-80 equips will be endgame for most, they don't need to change as the difficulty in farming them seems justified. So in the long run getting good 70+ gear will remain hardcore while 60 and below becomes easier.

Increasing availability of scrolls
I believe this was discussed here several months ago (the idea of buffing scroll drop rates). This may be a good time to revisit that. Scrolling = gambling = fun and keeps players interested. I don't necessarily believe that all scroll rates need a buff, but rather, it would be good if more mobs dropped them. If drop rates are buffed then maybe just 10% but not 60%? And maybe only for certain mobs? This is something that can be balanced simultaneously with the exp/hp ratio. Maybe some unpopular mobs get their exp/hp ratio buffed, while others get more scrolls added to their drop table.

Rixon

Explorer
+1
I like this post. A lot.
It was already settled by the community and by @wackyracer that scrolls drop chance would be doubled or by x1.5 (don't quite remember by how much).
Great post and thanks for sharing.

Mentula

I like your suggestions. As a pretty casual player i found the new EXP table to be extremely refreshing, and i think buffing EXP/HP ratios is a great idea too.

As for the Economic activity at lower levels i would AFK as a mage just to reach max mana until i think level 15-18 that was when i was able to make back money from fighting mobs and i even maxed mp recovery before magic claw just to be economical.
and having played warriors on 1x in the past taking hits to the face and not being able to afford armor makes many of the earlier levels a waiting game for HP/MP recovery.

Great ideas all around :)