Suggestion: QoL change to maintain playerbase

Kami

A big goal of maplestory private servers(in my opinion) is to make it seem as crowded as possible since thats basically the formula for having more players to play in mushroom game private servers. So, Instead of making 1 channel, like MG2 did in order to make it seem like there are lots of players training everywhere(the easy way), I've spent time to think of a way to maintain that feeling of a crowded server while having 2 or more channels:

One can view all players, no matter what channel they are in, but, you see them differently, more transparent, so we could distinguish players in our channel between players in other channel by making them look like they've got Dark sight.

Example:
IB3nter.png

Chats from all channels will be connected to the same map, and players on different channels than you will have the Channel number near their IGN.

Feature can be toggled on & off(players & all chs chat) by typing /playervision

Example:
kami (CH2): hi

This QoL change will combine positives from 1 channel and positives from multiple channels together, always creating a fine and inviting enviroment.

Last edited:

Robbery

Beginner
Not sure how feasible it would be to implement, but definitely an interesting idea. Personally not a fan but wouldn't be a huge deal if it made it in.

Curious, what exactly is the point of doing this the hard way if doing it the easy way accomplishes the same thing? Just to have less competition on maps? Seems unnecessary with the changes to parties.

Kami

Not sure how feasible it would be to implement, but definitely an interesting idea. Personally not a fan but wouldn't be a huge deal if it made it in.

Curious, what exactly is the point of doing this the hard way if doing it the easy way accomplishes the same thing? Just to have less competition on maps? Seems unnecessary with the changes to parties.

This feature could maximize its potential only when the servers' player base is big, or when there are more than 6 players playing on the same map (ant tunnel for example) resulting in partyless members that would like to grind in ant tunnel and not be a burden to the players already in a party; and at the same time still maintaining the feel that you're grinding with everyone

Robbery

Beginner
/Shrug, I think needing to go to another map because the optimal one is full, and sniping a spot when a group finishes up is part of the charm. Still tho, with an option to turn it off there wouldn't be any harm in having it. Let's hope we have enough players where this is an issue that could use a solution.

Mice

This is a totally niche and useless idea tbh. It's cute, but I don't see the majority of the server going for it at all.

Potatofarmer33

This is not going to ever be implemented. Server didn't even run stable during the first launch. From a developer standpoint, I don't see them implementing this ever.

Martinho

King Slime
Interesting idea, but a huge hassle to implement.
I think there are better and easier ways to make the world feel more crowded like, for example, creating an extra channel only for specific maps. But even then I don't think it will be necessary. Private servers will always grow empty over time.

matheusminto

This idea is great and should be implemented! Other ideas that should be implemented too: buff F/P and add AMERICA servers

Gravity

Interesting idea, but a huge hassle to implement.
I think there are better and easier ways to make the world feel more crowded like, for example, creating an extra channel only for specific maps. But even then I don't think it will be necessary. Private servers will always grow empty over time.
Extra channel for specific maps is a very legit idea, frankly one that I think is necessary for maps like burnt land 2 that only really have a 3 player cap. Although as the player base dwindles I could see it being less useful.

OP's idea seems interesting but probably not doable and also could get annoying with transparent players jumping around in your map.

devious

I do love the concept of this idea, I can't see it happening though.
I'm all for it and would be nice.

I've yet to see anything like this before.