Suggestion: Increase scroll drop chance

Do you want the scroll drop chance increased?

• Yes, either 1.5x or 2x

• No, keep it as is

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Z00M

Explorer
- Mushmom - 0.00008% = 1/12500 - I'm sorry but 1/12500 from Mushmom is just simply funny.
i think its fine, since MM is a mini boss that has spawns only every 30~45mins or so, as compared to the other mobs that are 24/7 available.

Code

Tiger
i think its fine, since MM is a mini boss that has spawns only every 30~45mins or so, as compared to the other mobs that are 24/7 available.

Not here to agree or disagree but the original respawn time is 60 minutes. Not sure if they are to change that but I do want to put in perspective what you're saying.

Original if it were to be killed constantly
Originally 1 hours * 12500 = 12500 hours or 520 days, 17 months / 2 channels = 8.5 months or 258 days per single ear int 60%

With a custom 30 minute respawn rate IF you kill precisely every 30 minutes
0.5 * 12500 = 6250 hours or 260 days, 8.5 months / 2 channels = 130 days per single ear int 60%

Do whatever you please with that info.

Last edited:

Z00M

Explorer
my bad i read wrong, thought he meant it as the % rate on MM is too High.
Originally 1 hours * 12500 = 12500 hours or 520 days, 17 months / 2 channels = 8.5 months or 258 days per single ear int 60%

0.5 * 12500 = 6250 hours or 260 days, 8.5 months / 2 channels = 130 days per single ear int 60%
also is this the standard formula? seems a bit too extreme for even a 30min respawn

Rixon

Explorer

Not here to agree or disagree but the original respawn time is 60 minutes. Not sure if they are to change that but I do want to put in perspective what you're saying.

Do whatever you please with that info.

I just checked again to make sure i wasn't wrong -

In the v62 GM Handbook (the v55 that i found didn't have scrolls in it) and our XML file - There are two Mushmoms - 1 that drops Earrings Int 60% for 0.005% = 1/200 (makes sense) and 1 that drops Earrings Int 60% for 0.00008% = 1/12500.

@Z00M Bro no disrespect but lemme have some of what your having. You just said a 1/12500 drop from Mushmom seems fine to you LMAO <3

@Code XD

@wackyracer

Code

Tiger
my bad i read wrong, thought he meant it as the % rate on MM is too High.

also is this the standard formula? seems a bit too extreme for even a 30min respawn

I have no idea, I just used the data that Rixon used :')

Z00M

Explorer
30mins respawn rate for 1 day:
(No # of times u can kill MM in 24hrs) * (% chance to get from 1 MM) * (No.# of Channels)
= (48) * (1/12,500) * (2)
= 96/12,500
= 0.00768 chance to get it in 1 day

For a 100% aka 1.0 chance to get this scroll:
= 1/ Chance in 1 day
= 1/0.00768
= 130.2 days

ah i see this is the breakdown.

Rixon

Explorer
@Code @Z00M Hopefully @wackyracer will see this and clear things up for us on how that XML works. I used his instructions basically that's how i calculated all of this but who knows i might have been wrong.

xerta

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This is the real one for earring for int.
Droprate 1x = 0,005 Kills per drop: 20000
Droprate 1.5x = 0,0075 Kills per drop: 13333,33333
Droprate 2x = 0,01 Kills per drop: 10000
Droprate 2.5x = 0,0125 Kills per drop: 8000
(lets hope I did this right, but the droprate atleast are correct)

I added all different drop chances so you do not have to do the math :3
I hope this clear things out a little bit.

Last edited:

Rex

I agree scroll drop at 1x is just too demanding of players. Its difficult enough to even maintain a healthy meso gain vs pot burn ratio in 3rd job server scrolls are the few things that could help tip the balance a bit. However with 1x its extremely painful to scroll anything and then when you do its extra painful when rng doesn't go you way.

There simply not going to be the market like original gms to sustain this kind of drop rate where you have massive amount of players to throw into the market. People say higher pop means higher demand but that isn't always true because back then there was a high moving population. Lot of people played then quit after contributing a contributing scrolls into the market but never reaching the point of actually needing scroll themselves. However its very different here were we don't have this large flow of players coming and going. So most people will sell scroll but also buy scroll which 1x just can't keep up.

UsoRemix

I'm for 1.5x or 2x scroll drop rates. Here are my reasoning's:

1) It allows for players to feel rewarded for their training efforts. I started playing Maple on release of Bera, and I can recount most of the scroll drops, because they were THAT infrequent. It sucked.
2) As a private server, we will have an order of magnitude less people than the original server playing, thereby decreasing the amount of scrolls present in the economy, and sky rocketing prices. This will be off putting to new comers, casuals, and semi-casual players alike.
3) Being able to be okay with hitting a portion of scrolls, because you can go and hunt them, or afford to buy more, is nice. Its not nice to be unable to purchase no other scrolls after a scrolling when 2 or 3 failed.

Those are all feeling points. The statistical math is a bit more complicated, but after work I'll try and put together some numbers for you folks. I saw some posters put together some rough numbers, but I think the math is a bit more complicated (I'm an engineer, and while its been about 8 years since my statistics college course, I recall it being less straight forward). I'll do some research, and report back.

Edit: I did the research. Its not that straight forward, and I finished work kind of late today (working from home...just means I work all the time now! lol) Basically, its a little more likely than how we looked at it, but not by MUCH.

Last edited:

DrewDragoon

King Slime
It only makes basic sense to increase the scroll drop rate. Each equipment requires roughly seven scrolls but the drop rate of scrolls and equipment are similar or in some cases the scrolls are even rarer which doesn't make any design sense. that's not even to consider the fact that scrolling is fun and therefore by providing the player with more scrolls you increase the amount of time they spend scrolling. The worst feeling ever is farming all day for a scroll and coming up with nothing. I vote for 2x personally. It was extremely enjoyable on osm.

EddardStark

Explorer
Hello again everyone. Have been inactive here for many months but am making my way back online.

3. Based on the community's feedback and participation in the Scroll Drop Rate discussion, I have made up my mind and will be increasing the drop rate for scrolls. By how much? We will just have to wait and see while I perform the fine-tuning before the server's release.
(April 19, 2020 announcement)

@wackyracer was just hoping to confirm that this suggestion was still being implemented? I haven't seen any further discussion of increased scroll drop chance on the Open or Closed Beta discords. It seems like the scroll drop chance is still at 1x on the Open Beta.