Suggestion: Adjust monster exp and spawn rates

UsoRemix

Introduction: This suggestion is intended to making more mobs in Victoria more useful to grind and level up from. In the original game, there were "optimal" areas for every level range imaginable. This made the experience feel exceedingly poor if all channels were full, and you had to either go hunt drops, or grind on a sub-optimal mob choice. Most mobs didn't have a good drop table, and the ones that did have good drop tables were usually full as well. As a result you'd end up surfing channels waiting for one to open up, or go and grind on a much slower map/mob.

Proposed Changed: Identify mobs which have good exp tables, but certain maps with horrible spawn rates, or mobs with bad exp tables and do one of 3 things:

1) update their exp table to make them a worth while training option
2) update the spawn rate for the map to make the map a worth while training option
3) update the drop table, so if the training is bad, there is a reason to hunt the mob anyway

Thoughts and Conclusion: Unfortunately, I do not have a good memory of candidates for this change. I do remember that certain maps and mobs were just completely empty, because they offered no reward to the player that could not be attained somewhere else at a better rate.

I realize and acknowledge this puts much of the burden of this change on the developers of the project. However, if people read this, and know of specific maps, mobs, drops, etc. that do not have good representation in the game, and could be updated to be more useful to the player, please comment below! It'd be awesome to have more options as we play.

juniormints

I would personally lean more towards increasing the spawn rates, the way exp given by a mob works (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) is that its a formula based on the HP of the mob (and maybe level?), to make it kind of self-balancing in that regard, so I feel the base exp for any mob isn't the limiting factor of where is a good training place, and I feel modifying the drop table would overstep the trying-to-be-GMS-like, but I think upping mob spawns in sub-optimal maps would be a great way to spread people outside of the same 5 maps. I believe GMS implemented their own simpler version of spawn rates compared to KMS, so I hope it wouldn't be too complicated a change to avoid over-centralizing maps. The only thing is this can definitely affect the economy if it's done haphazardly, so it might be a tough call. On one hand, it can make what's considered suboptimal weapons/scrolls more common, making them more viable, and on the other hand it can make things like CFA scrolls common pushing more people towards sins, which is something that might be less appealing for total class balance.

Rex

Depends because increase spawn rate doesn't help everyone. This heavily favors toward warriors and i/l as they have really good aoe that take advantage of those spawn. Where increase spawn might make maps harder for like of archers at least until they get 3rd job.

I do feel like some maps should have spawn increased because my god are some maps terrible given how large they are but overall rate of exp and drop should be looked at too because not every class is an aoe mobber.