Skill Balancing(Mostly for White Knight and Crusader)

Sike

Ultimately all the useless skills that the White Knight has does not cripple it compared to the other classes. All this is based on my experience from OSM where I was the highest ranked White Knight.[/QUOTE said:
I appreciate your input.
What are your thoughts on white knights when it comes to bossing?
Also is powerguard worth it in the long run or is it better to put points into something like iron body or Improving hp recovery?

Rex

iron body and hp recovery are completely useless. Def is a pretty useless stat in pre bb maplestory in general. Unless iron body gave like 20x more def than it does now all it does it make you take like 20 less touch damage. Improve hp recovery is same, its such a low amount.

Power guard cut the touch damage you take by a grand total of 40%. You would almost double your pot cost by not taking it.

VVhite

What are your thoughts on white knights when it comes to bossing?
Also is powerguard worth it in the long run or is it better to put points into something like iron body or Improving hp recovery?

My pleasure bro. :)

There is not a whole lot of bossing in this server, we basically will only have Papalatus, Pianus and Zakum. White Knight absolutely destroys Pianus and is probably highest dps. Unfortunately due to lack of elemental weakness on Pap and Zakum White Knight is one of the lowest dps when it comes to these two.

Not sure if it actually matters too much though, I know Papalatus is trash exp wise so you dont really miss out on a lot there and he does not really drop anything that is of value for a White Knight. I have no idea how viable Zakum is in terms of experience at a higher level, Chief Bandits do most of the work with Meso Explosion.

I only see WK having a true disadvantage if they change the higher level xp curve to a point where its reasonable to continue grinding at a high level where Zakum is viable to grind for experience.

Non related to bossing I think the biggest disadvantage you should consider is the fact that they are reworking the party experience bonus which will make big Goby parties the best spot to grind for sure, which you will never be able to take part of.

Dirty

My pleasure bro. :)

There is not a whole lot of bossing in this server, we basically will only have Papalatus, Pianus and Zakum. White Knight absolutely destroys Pianus and is probably highest dps. Unfortunately due to lack of elemental weakness on Pap and Zakum White Knight is one of the lowest dps when it comes to these two.

Not sure if it actually matters too much though, I know Papalatus is trash exp wise so you dont really miss out on a lot there and he does not really drop anything that is of value for a White Knight. I have no idea how viable Zakum is in terms of experience at a higher level, Chief Bandits do most of the work with Meso Explosion.

I only see WK having a true disadvantage if they change the higher level xp curve to a point where its reasonable to continue grinding at a high level where Zakum is viable to grind for experience.

Non related to bossing I think the biggest disadvantage you should consider is the fact that they are reworking the party experience bonus which will make big Goby parties the best spot to grind for sure, which you will never be able to take part of.

Gobies will only be a problem if wacky can get aqua to work. I've asked wacky about Aqua and this was the response

wackyracer04/23/2020
I'm not looking to fix the water to be quite honest.
[12:12 AM]
I'm not very well-versed in doing such a thing.
Maybe if we get enough donations I can pay for it to be done.
I know a guy, but he costs a shiny penny.

Rex

From my experience on Unity once you leave deep ludi its pretty hellish for WK. Like aqua is pretty much complete shit for WK and same when himes release. And if we get to leafre there some stuff you can do like the wyvern and kents but past that when people can do newts and skelly you're doing complete crap without 4th job. Bossing wise is same like zak and ht wk really shit. Scar/targ wk is pretty nice if you do 1 at a time. Showa bosses is where wk really shines due to they are all elemental weakness but my god you're not killing those with 3rd job XD

Overall its just so limiting like you're god at dgp and can't really go anywhere else which really sucks. Don't think any other class is that limiting on where you can farm/grind.