OBT feedback

Martinho

King Slime
Hi guys,

The past two weeks I've been having a lot of fun playing Maple. One week I have played RevivalStory OBT, the other week I played a similar private server with no adjustments whatsoever. This made it possible for me to compare the QoL changes that Revival has made to the original old-school MapleStory experience. I wanted to share my findings and hope to hear your opinions as well.

1) Exp table
I like the adjusted exp table. Admittedly, I haven't played that much since I'm more of a casual gamer who has to balance between a job, girlfriend, household chores etc. I did, however, reach level 25 without too much of an effort and without KPQ. I also like how questing hasn't given me the feeling that it slows down my levelling a lot.
I am afraid, though, that maybe the exp has been lowered too much. On average, exp has been reduced by 30% between levels 5 and 30. My opinion is that -25% or even -20% would be more balanced in 1st job.

2) Quests
As I mentioned above, I have been doing quests between levelling and I like the amount of quests and the adjustments that were made to them. The level 10 quests are a good source of early pots (80 red pots and 80 blue pots if you do all 4 of them), the DANGER! quests are a good source of pots after level 20.
Most of all, I like how quests now actually give exp. In the original Maple, Blackbull's level 10 quest gave a grand total of 50 EXP! That's very underwhelming if you don't get the level 25 shield, so I'm very glad these ridiculous exp rewards have been upped by a whole bunch without going the bland 10x quest exp route.

3) Removed secondary stats for equipment
This adjustment seems fair compared to Warriors and Archers. I did like how regular luk Magicians would stand out by wearing equipment, but well, I guess I can still rock an Arch Staff to show my regular LUK pride. So no need to revert this, imo.

4) Cash Shop
Personally, I like how pretty Maple looks without everyone having ridiculous looking CS equipment. It was definitely necessary to test the Cash Shop, hence the free amount of NX points, but I do hope CS items will be rarer on release.

5) Party revamp
The upcoming character wipe scared a lot of players away, so the party system wasn't that relevant in OBT. However, my impression is that the new party system will make partying very rewarding and I think on release every good training spot that is usually too crowded will turn into one big party.

These are the things I could think of at the moment. I'm curious to hear your opinions on these matters and other topics that I haven't mentioned myself.

Tl;dr
1) Reduced exp table: great, but maybe overkill in the 1st job levels;
2) Quests: good amount of quests and nice pot and exp rewards;
3) Secondary stats: fair;
4) Cash shop: hope CS items will be harder to come by on release;
5) Party system: nice, will help turn the game into one big party.

Brazuka

Explorer
Well, just my opinion:

1- Exp feels fine, we can grind or not depends on what you want to do. The reductions had many calculations involved on them, I don't think if needs to be nerfed.

2- Fuck yes quests, I also don't think quests needs to be changed, there was a discussion on discord about rewards 50/50 at beta. I can work with 70/30 for good/bad items.

3- didn't test it, but it's only for armors, this is more of sauna debuff rather than buffing the classes with secondary stats LOL

4- CS is fine, you're not obligate to buy anything, I would only hold the pets while, like 1month at least since we can scroll their equips.

5- YES YES YES !!! Party play is definitely a boost to the gameplay, please. I myself experienced the buffs for EXP and also the lock for leeching, please keep it.

This is what I felt on CBT