New world/fresh start

Revival123

Let me start out by saying I have not put much time into Revival and I have not played in a couple months.

I have noticed that population is continuing to fall. I am curious to know what players who have put countless hours into the game think about starting fresh weather in a wipe or new server.

The reason why now, is there is another 3rd job server that was planning to release a beta later in February. There has been quite a few people hyped up over this server and getting a fresh 3rd job server to play. There ended up being some drama on this, and the owner decided to hold this release as all his staff have quit. As someone who was waiting for this sever, I can tell you if a 3rd job server released this month I would be there in a heartbeat. This made me think, would a revival new word Increase the population and create more experienced better populated server.

To respect the current players who have put hours into this game, I don’t think a wipe is the answer. But could a new world beta to test population for a week work? If the beta doesn’t bring in the numbers, the world is scratched and everything goes back to normal. If the beta receives lots of interest, leaving revival with both worlds. Before you say “that will drain the population on world 1” yes, it might, but as this is being written there is 4 players online.

What are peoples thoughts?

Knivingdude

Balrog Killer
It's also a bit interesting to think to have a fresh new world which then could integrate with the original world too. Fresh economy really is attractive to many people regardless on what happens after.

EDIT: Just realized I didn't really answer the topic correctly. I also agree that a wipe is not an answer at this point. I think a new world which presents a fresh experience for a group of people that want to start the game would bolster players. It's the matter of what to do afterwards is a problem. Do we keep both worlds around or slam both worlds together somehow?

Last edited: