Maple Weapons

MBNT

What was the thought process into making them so rare and exclusive?

The chances of getting a weapon you need is literally close to 0.

Aren't these weapons supposed to help new players catch up?

New players can't even get their hands on one without being insanely lucky.

Not to mention you have to scroll them as well.

I guess as a fairly "new" player I am in the minority since most people in this server are very high level and have insane amounts of mesos saved up.

I just feel left out I guess, I will never obtain a kandayo or llama staff to use unless I hit the lottery of what ... .0000000001% chance to get one as a drop.

Please consider adding them as regular monster drops before the event ends so everyone has a chance to obtain the weapons they need.

Knivingdude

Balrog Killer
Here are my opinions and assumptions:

1. I think the reason why Maple Weapons are hard to come by is to make sure the player base still plans around older weapons and that older weapons will still have a use even after the anniversary. These weapons are not needed to move around and attack things. All players were able to play the game without them before this point.

2. The weapons can and will help new players catch up - even more so. You have to know or remember that high EXP/hour training spots have also been introduced such as Wooden/Stone Masks and Forest of Golem that will always be around and will always provide the faster EXP that other older players had to go through at the beginning.

3. Being insanely lucky to even have a weapon and scrolling it successfully will hopefully not be a requirement. It would be very epic though!

4. You may not get them now during the event period but you will have an easier time getting them as time goes on. The more weapons that are in circulation, the lower prices will be. Once the hype dies down for the weapons and the dust settles on actual pricing you'll be able to acquire them fairly easily by that time.

5. People will obtain these weapons if they really want to. It's only a matter of time and patience.

MBNT

I guess all your points boil down to "You don't need it and you have better grinding maps than we did back in the day"

I am a new player that wanted to create DEXless sin and LUKless mage so while maple weapons are not a requirement they would help a lot.

I believe most of the other weapons are not that expensive because they are outclassed quickly.

Like I said I know I'm in the minority since all the high levels have lots of mesos/scrolls/equip to trade for maple weapons so I respect your wish to keep maple weapons to the elite. Just seems a bit unfair to me is all.

I also believe you are severely overestimating how many llama staff and kandayo will be in the game after the event ends assuming it only lasts for a month.

Last edited:

QxzSG

I guess all your points boil down to "You don't need it and you have better grinding maps than we did back in the day"

I am a new player that wanted to create DEXless sin and LUKless mage so while maple weapons are not a requirement they would help a lot.

I believe most of the other weapons are not that expensive because they are outclassed quickly.

Like I said I know I'm in the minority since all the high levels have lots of mesos/scrolls/equip to trade for maple weapons so I respect your wish to keep maple weapons to the elite. Just seems a bit unfair to me is all.

I also believe you are severely overestimating how many llama staff and kandayo will be in the game after the event ends assuming it only lasts for a month.
I think at the moment, the drop rates are at the suitable level and encourages player to take part in the cake event (PSA if you didnt know loot allocation is random and not by damage done)

Maple weapons in general is more of an exclusive weapon on this server, as many luk-less mages have been training with a Lvl 8 wooden wand all the way till 100+ . It also creates a good demand for it (i.e LAMA Staffs)

The main point is also not to flood the server with Maple Weapon as we have been playing without it for a long time

Just my 2cents

MBNT

Yes I believe it is 5% drop per weapon then divide that by the amount of people (30-40?) and you have much less than 1% chance of obtaining on each cake. Then factor in that I can only participate for one, sometimes two sets of cakes a day and there you have a nearly impossible probability of obtaining a staff or claw.

Also didn't you guys have yellow umbrellas from the start or did that come later?

Anyways I respect your opinion that you want to keep llama staff and kandayo to the elite but you're cutting off such a small minority that it doesnt make sense to me.

Also even if we would be able to farm llama staff from normal monsters the demand would still be high as they are endgame for lukless mages so people will always be trying to scroll a better one.

Last edited:

MBNT

I believe all this is futile since many mesos have exchanged hands and if anything changes those people will start to bitch and moan instead of me so I suppose wacky has his hands tied at this point better to keep the existing high level players happy over the newer ones which is fair I guess.

Oh well :(

QxzSG

I believe all this is futile since many mesos have exchanged hands and if anything changes those people will start to bitch and moan instead of me so I suppose wacky has his hands tied at this point better to keep the existing high level players happy over the newer ones which is fair I guess.

Oh well :(
Dont need to think that way, i think everyone has their own right to have their own opinions so its good that you are voicing out.
We as players can only voice out our concerns and not take it too seriously and enjoy whatever we have!

Dont worry #lemonstory

Pickle

Big fan of what KD said up above.
The way that I view it is that at the end of the day they're luxury items. You don't need them to progress through the game, and if they're too common, the other items become obsolete.

The only items that really matter are:
- Maple Kandayo, which is only good if you use AP resets to go back down to 4 dex. Not something a new player should really be concerned with.
- Maple Lama Staff, best mage weapon, deserves to be rare and expensive. The other endgame mage weapons have been rebalanced such that the difference between LUKless and LUK is basically non-existent anyways.
- Maple Warrior Weapons, which are purely luxury to help end game warriors hit Crimson Balrogs and 2nd body of Pap.

MBNT

If the difference is almost non existent at endgame what's the point in making it ultra rare ?

To keep Yellow Umbrella from being obsolete?

On top of obtaining one you have to remember it has to be scrolled well.

Pickle

Yellow Umbrella is obsolete as an endgame weapon with the LUK change to weapons.

As for Lama, I think it's rather nice that the best mage weapon in the game is rare & valuable. Making the Mage endgame weapon super common is hardly ideal and having it be "ultra-rare" makes sure its appropriately valued. However, I could see that being controversial.

Also, as you say, scrolling a good one is quite unlikely, so you may even be better off skipping it and going with a normal LUK build.

Tobbe

Yellow Umbrella is obsolete as an endgame weapon with the LUK change to weapons.

As for Lama, I think it's rather nice that the best mage weapon in the game is rare & valuable. Making the Mage endgame weapon super common is hardly ideal and having it be "ultra-rare" makes sure its appropriately valued. However, I could see that being controversial.

Also, as you say, scrolling a good one is quite unlikely, so you may even be better off skipping it and going with a normal LUK build.
Do you know where i can see what the luk changes are on mage weapons?

JakeFrost

Maple weapons break the game this was definitely a challenge to implement fairly, They even tried to assign drops to players to increase fairness. But I have to say this isn't what I was hoping for either and definitely not a nostalgic experience.
Might have been better to not add them to the game at all
(That being said, Trading hoards of mesos for kandayo)

Last edited:

Ptilopsis

imo, i prefer dropping all the maple weapon stats by 25%-33% or something and making them farmable via mobs. This will let us have a better opportunity to get an aesthetically appealing collectible without breaking the balance in the weapon to level progression.