Give archers a party skill

DrewDragoon

King Slime
IMO Archers really need something to be able to offer parties, to be more accepted into training squads and boss runs. I've been brainstorming ideas for a while now and here's the best idea I've come up with.

Turn 1st job skill "Focus" into a party buff. This would give party members more accuracy and avoidability (useful for warriors especially) The biggest issue with this is the skill Blessing from Clerics being an exact replica. You could do several things here but I think the best solution is to REVERT the change to invincible first. Then, add the party effects of Invincible to Blessing. Next, remove the effects of accuracy and avoidability from Blessing. Finally, to differentiate the two you keep Invincible at -30%dmg for self(the cleric) and make Blessing -15% dmg to all (party) This moves the change more in line with the other threaten change. (nerfed basically)

Kinda confusing I'm sorry let me lay it out simply:
a) Focus would give 20 acc and avoid at max level to all party members, basically becomes vanilla Blessing
b) Invincible would stay a self buff and stay vanilla (-30% dmg to self)
c) Blessing becomes the new Invincible party buff (it has a skill animation so is less janky) and gives 15% dmg reduction to all party members (no acc/avoid) *this is a nerf from 30% to 15%*

The nerf is to keep it similar in effects to Threaten and so there is a reason for clerics to add sp points into Invincible.

Admittedly it's a little jank, but no more so than a party buff without any animation. Also I suppose the party buff would mainly only benefit warriors, but atleast they would have great synergy with DKs who could give archers HyperBody for training and is MUCH better than offering nothing at all.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

WillardDog

I agree that Focus needs to be a party buff, but I don't think changing invincible or bless is necessary. Most partying will be 2-3 man parties, and you won't always have a cleric, so Focus will be plenty useful throughout your lifetime.

Another very nice bonus of Focus being a party buff is that you can help out warriors in KPQ during first job. This is actually a pretty solid point, as this relates to separate forum question regarding lowering the avoidability of KPQ mobs. Kill two birds with one stone.

Kami

This is actually a perfect solution for warriors' struggle in kpq and against high avoidability mobs, gives parting between warriors and archers a new, fresh feel.

Affinity

Explorer
I think it's great or just have focus stack with bless (and maybe reduce accuracy rather than remove).
Maybe make it 25-30 accuracy and more avoid 40 for focus.