buff axe and bw

Halozy

Balrog Killer
it is well documented that Axe and BW under-perform compared to sword. why? because when you swing with your weapon there is a 3:2 Slash to Stab ratio, and stabbing does terrible damage (74% as 2H, 80% as 1H) while slashing is barely stronger (104% as 2H, 110% as 1H). meanwhile sword will hit for 100% every swing regardless. this results in a 8% DPS loss as 2H and 2% DPS loss as 1H

plus the unstable damage is detrimental when it comes to your training speed and potion usage when you get unlucky and end up having to 3 or 4 hit a mob instead of 2hit

so basically

1. Adjust the damage formula multiplier to make slashes more powerful (makes sense thematically)

or

2. give all Axe and BW a flat weapon attack increase across the board (boring but works)

not only will these small buffs entice players to use these weapons instead of swords it will make the scrolls and weapons more valuable which leads to a healthier economy and less sadness when u get a 60% axe drop

devious

I would like to see axe's and blunt weapons evened out, making scrolls worth selling and not just dropping etc :)

Would make the game a tad more interesting also with more weapon choices to use etc.

Kine

Explorer
2. give all Axe and BW a flat weapon attack increase across the board (boring but works)

Two handed axes AND BWs already have an average higher attack of +2 over their two handed sword counterparts:

Level 20:
Sword: 40
Axe: 42
Bw: 42

Level 25:

Sword: 45
Axe: 47
Bw: 47

Level 30:

Sword: 50
Axe: 52
Bw: 52

(etc.)

One handed axes and BWs I haven't checked... but imo 2H beats 1H most of the time anyway as a warrior / page. I don't think any change is necessary.

Kami

A change is needed, I would love to see more players with axes, bws rather than swords only, will make the game seem like it has many paths to choose and gives more uniqueness to the char.

Xalate

I get why the post was created, and i understand the arguments. But you know what i would like to see more? People having fun, enjoying the game, not min/maxing everything. Want to use a bw because it looks cool? Fuckin' go for it, have fun. All these small details don't affect you too much in game, in fact, without all these formulas you'd hardly notice it.. I'd much rather wacky focusing on changing / updating stuff that really matters in game. Fixing quests, stuff like that. Just try to enjoy the game as much as you can! I remember not having any optimized stats at all when i first played maplestory. Didn't know anything, but the game was still fun & enjoyable. Sure, i didn't have the TOP damage compared to players around my level, but i could still grind / level / pq / have fun, just like them :p.

TL;DR
Just try to enjoy the game, stop the min/maxing, stat calculation, etc. It's not a huge difference, you hardly notice it.

Halozy

Balrog Killer
I get why the post was created, and i understand the arguments. But you know what i would like to see more? People having fun, enjoying the game, not min/maxing everything. Want to use a bw because it looks cool? Fuckin' go for it, have fun. All these small details don't affect you too much in game, in fact, without all these formulas you'd hardly notice it.. I'd much rather wacky focusing on changing / updating stuff that really matters in game. Fixing quests, stuff like that. Just try to enjoy the game as much as you can! I remember not having any optimized stats at all when i first played maplestory. Didn't know anything, but the game was still fun & enjoyable. Sure, i didn't have the TOP damage compared to players around my level, but i could still grind / level / pq / have fun, just like them :p.

TL;DR
Just try to enjoy the game, stop the min/maxing, stat calculation, etc. It's not a huge difference, you hardly notice it.

the balance and viability of things does matter to a game. sure there are people who don't mind playing a class or using a weapon objectively worse than its counterpart but to the vast majority they would prefer them to be equal in strength, or at least have strengths and weaknesses

wacky has already made balance changes to skills, which is the reason i bothered to make this thread. he is open to the idea of buffing things that are weak, and this is something he could implement

Robbery

Beginner
TL;DR
To be fair some people get enjoyment out of the min maxing.

sure there are people who don't mind playing a class or using a weapon objectively worse than its counterpart but to the vast majority they would prefer them to be equal in strength, or at least have strengths and weaknesses
Strengths - the weapons you mention will have much cheaper scrolls. As Kine mentioned they also have higher base attack.