Web Developer
Administrator
Community Manager
Forum Administrator
Developer
Game Master
Respected Member
Hello everyone!

I've been seeing a bit of confusion around the Discord chat involving the topics:
- 10x Quest EXP confusion
- 1x EXP rate confusion
- Where is the server starting from? (Victoria vs. Ossyria)

Allow me to shed some light on these topics.

10x Quest EXP is confirmed and will be implemented for the live release. This rate strictly applies only to quests received by NPCs. Party Quests are unaffected by this increased rate. Exchange Quests are also unaffected by this increased rate.

1x Monster EXP is confirmed as well. However... The formula for the EXP required to level up is now going to be fine-tuned, making it require less EXP to level up than before. The official table has not been decided on yet and is still being modified. Updates regarding this will be posted at a later time.

Admittedly, I originally planned to have the server start from Ossyria this time around. Otherwise known as where the server left off previously with 3rd job released. To explain my thoughts a little further... I figured the community didn't want to go all the way back to Victoria-only and thus end up having Ludibrium be so far away from them again (inb4ludisoontmmemes).

However,
I've noticed that some people are saying they want the server to start from Victoria again. I'm willing to give the server a fair chance in having the server reach an agreement on where the server should start from. Please visit this player-made thread in Discussions: Content at start. and not only vote on the poll but explain why you voted for the option you chose.

I also would like to mention that there must be a lot of participation / data in that thread for it to be seriously considered. Please understand that I cannot base a decision off of a minority should it end up having only a little bit of data. I will mention this active discussion on the Discord announcement in order to assist in getting more people to participate in said discussion. Please do not spam this link in the Discord either.

If there are any other questions that you may have for me regarding the server, please make a thread about it in the 'Discussions' section (<-- a link to do it) of the forum. I will do my best to answer them.

:)

Last edited:

Knivingdude

Balrog Killer
I think it's just that some people don't give a clear answer to someone who is asking for a clear answer in the discord that leads to confusion. I think that's all it is.

Code

Tiger
Great thread, I genuinely hope to see some tweaking in the exp formula. I think learning from prior low version servers, people that joined burned out too quickly because they came from v83 servers not knowing how slow it would be. We had a big lack of priests at the time because of it. A second problem was that the time it took after 120+ to achieve a single level is just ludicrous.

With that in mind, I think that experience should look something like this
1-15 normal exp.
15-30 20% reduced from table.
30-80 50% reduced from table.
80-120 25% reduced from table.
120 - 200 50% reduced from table.

Avoid burn out.
I genuinely understand how strange this table looks, but from a perspective where you just have people giving up, I really think that this is a necessity to keep some casuals inside of the game.

• Why would 30-80 be higher than 80-120? Because I know from experience that so many people burn out between those levels. I think if you reduce this path, people will be more likely to stay. However, I'm asking you to take this with a grain of salt. This is just an idea.
  • Why would 120-200 need half? Because once you reach level 120, some classes will have to spend an entire week for a single level. I think that we should be capable of fighting zakum in 1.5 years time rather than 3 years time.

If my idea is ''wrong'' then I guess looking at old Maple data where most people quit could help you decide where the exp should be increased.

Last edited: