Being a lowdex warrior on release (Victoria Island only)

Code

Tiger
Note
I am remaking this guide on request. This guide will be updated as RevivalStory updates

Introduction
I gained backlash for posting this thread in 2017. I played in MG as a Spearman and managed to maintain very well with only 19 dex. I could even go down to 9 dex after some luck with scrolling. I find this guide very plausible as it was much easier to obtain than I thought.

Low dex warriors have their pro’s and cons. If you like to min-max, you have the option to go lowdex. This way you have the flexibility to not end up spending a lot of nexon Cash when it comes to resetting your dex. Some may argue that going low dex isn’t clever as there are a lot of monsters you won’t be able to hit. I argue otherwise as the levels you will have most difficulty (30 to 60) you’ll notice that the training spots you’ll stick to aren’t better when you add more dex. The places you’ll farm most at those levels are Evil and Cursed eyes. Also keep in mind that 1 dex = 0.8 accuracy

Useful tools for this guide
Maplestory Encyclopedia
Accuracy Calculator

Second job
At level 30 you should have 35 accuracy. You'll encounter two monsters. Fire boars and Lupins. At this point in time you'll have 59% hit ratio if you maintain 20 dex. So even if you have a little less, it is very doable and nothing to worry about. Keep in mind that you should bring sniper potions for the 5 accuracy boost.

Popular training spots and their requirements

ROXg6Gf.png

• Blue means accessible.
  • Green means highly suggested
  • Yellow means probable but not recommended.
  • Red means avoid at those specific levels, you may go there at a higher level.
How to get sufficient accuracy and where to level?

V7ZSysY.png

Note: you'll probably do better than this. I do however recommend to follow those leveling spots if your main purpose is EXP.

What if I can't reach those checkpoints?
If you however do struggle to get any of those items, I recommend you make a side class. Preferably a cleric to farm mesos at places like Wraiths. If you don't want to do this, stick at lower places for a little while. It really isn't hard to hit 35 accuracy at level 30.

What if I have more accuracy?
In this patch it doesn't really mean too much. I don't really recommend going much lower than 20 dex anyway as you'll need it when you enter deep ludi. As a matter of fact, you'll probably go even higher than 20 dex as you will end up needing 140 accuracy at some point. My suggestion is to go somewhere between 20 and 50 dex. I'm personally a fan of keeping my dex till 20 up to level 80+

Conclusion

This is by no means the best way to play a Warrior. This guide is simply meant to help players understand how much dex they need. If you wish to go higher or lower, that’s completely fine. Take this guide with a grain of salt. It’s not hard to do, I’ve proven it in Maple Global.
You're typically going to get 15 accuracy from gloves at level 50+ This means that you're contemplating versus 18.75 dex.

So in conclusion:
Gloves 1x 10% = equal to 4 attack gloves + 9.5 dex base
Gloves 2x 10% = equal to 7 attack gloves + 19 dex base
Gloves 3x 10% = equal to 11 attack gloves + 28.5 dex base.

So don't be afraid to get higher dex. It's not a bad choice. Especially because you can always switch to dex gloves. It's also a cheaper option.

Do take in account:
You're not going to get attack gloves very early on, and hitting evil/cursed eyes are really easy to hit. So if you're going to level to 50 this way anyway, you might as well stick to low dex until level 50+. I think that would be the most efficient method.
Feedback is welcome

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-5_18-7-20.png
    upload_2020-4-5_18-7-20.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 16
  • upload_2020-4-5_18-9-41.png
    upload_2020-4-5_18-9-41.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Martinho

King Slime
lol ur gonna kill snails till lvl 100 hur dur
Jk! I love it, thanks!

Shouldn't 20 dex equal 16 acc instead of 18?

Neopets

Explorer
Thank you for reposting your guide, I'm excited to try out low dex on my spearman when the game comes out and this will come in handy! :D

Neopets

Explorer
Quick question regarding optimal Spearman weaponry: From my eyes it seems like level 20 is when using a spear is stronger than using a pole arm due to the introduction of Fish Spear's normal speed into our arsenal. However, Fish Spear only drops from Bubblings on Victoria Island and Bubblings have an incredibly high avoid for us non-mages. How would I go about getting myself a Fish Spear? Should I just bite the bullet and train there with a high miss rate, or do you think it's worth the effort of making a second character as a Magician and training there from 15+ or so till I get one as a drop.

Code

Tiger
Quick question regarding optimal Spearman weaponry: From my eyes it seems like level 20 is when using a spear is stronger than using a pole arm due to the introduction of Fish Spear's normal speed into our arsenal. However, Fish Spear only drops from Bubblings on Victoria Island and Bubblings have an incredibly high avoid for us non-mages. How would I go about getting myself a Fish Spear? Should I just bite the bullet and train there with a high miss rate, or do you think it's worth the effort of making a second character as a Magician and training there from 15+ or so till I get one as a drop.

Really good question. Last time I added this option but left it out due to criticism for it to be too hard for the casual player.
My advice is that because of level 1-30 being so fast as a warrior not to worry about that whatsoever. You have different options

Scenario 1
Go with the flow, accept you have low dex and follow the suggested maps, risking that you'll have a miss percentage.

Scenario 2
You go up to 30 dex instead of 20 sacrificing some damage in the early stages so you have the freedom to train at ant tunnel with a 100% hit radio. 30 dex isn't a problem anyway as you probably have to go up at level 80+ since ludibrium monsters require insane acc.

Scenario 3
You're either really lucky or level up an alt to get yourself a fish spear + some other useful accuracy items. In MG I personally followed scenario 3 as my dex was as low as 9. But that really isn't recommended to a casual player. The other benefit is that Clerics get free mesos with MP either, not using fairy at wraiths lv 45+

In conclusion I would say that scenario 2 for super casual players, scenario 1 for semi casual players and scenario 3 for hardcore players.

Martinho

King Slime
I think you'll either have to buy one from a Magician or make a Magician yourself. However, it's cheaper and less time consuming to not rely on getting a Fish Spear, I guess that's why it was omitted from this guide.
Another thing you could do is make a Wizard for KPQ only. You can get DEX scrolls that way and use the character to try get a Fish Spear.

EDIT: Apparently, Camilla's Gem quest will be available from the start which would mean that Pig Illustrated will be accessible... +10 ACC

Also, did you take into account that Green Bamboo requires 25 DEX to wear?

Last edited:

Djessy

• 3 attack gloves = 9 STR
  • 4 attack gloves = 12 STR
  • 5 attack gloves = 15 STR
  • 6 attack gloves = 18 STR
  • 7 attack gloves = 21 STR
  • 8 attack gloves = 24 STR
  • 9 attack gloves = 25 STR
  • 10 attack gloves = 28 STR
  • 11 attack gloves = 31 STR
  • 12 attack gloves = 34 STR
  • 13 attack gloves = 37 STR

You made a mistake starting from 9 attack gloves. 9x3 isn't 25.

Martinho

King Slime
Where does it say 3 str = 1 attack in that link
Ayumilove said:
Weapon Attack Formula
For Warrior: 3 STR (strength) is equivalent to 1 weapon attack (3 STR = 1 WA)
For Thief: 5 LUK (luck) is equivalent to 1 weapon attack (5 LUK = 1 WA)
For Magician: 1 INT (intelligent) is equivalent to 1 magic attack (1 INT = 1 Magic Attack)
MapleStory Calculator / Formula
Under "Current MapleStory Formula". The green section talks about the changes in Big Bang, the red section about formulas before Big Bang.