AP Reset

Loop

Should AP Reset be added to the game ?
Gear and stat progression in old Maple Story is not intuitive. For Archer, Thief and Warrior upgrading armor (i.e. scrolling) usually means requiring less natural AP. However there is no way to remove those points in this version.
Basically, once stats are pumped in for endgame weapons or mobs, players have no incentives to upgrade armors and sell their old ones.
Some people think stats and skill choices should be definitive and meaningful tho. Fair point.

How could AP Reset be obtained ?
- NX Cash
- Vote points
- Mesos

What is your opinion on the matter?

matheusminto

I think we shouldn't do a change like having AP reset for mesos for little to no reason.
Vote points feel cheap. I prefer NX cash.
I don't think things should be definitive, we don't know how the server will be changed in the next 6 months.

devious

I think AP Resets should be added into the game, but not tradeable.

Buying them from cash shop purely for NX & making them not tradeable.

Xalate

AP resets are needed later on, imho. It does incentivize scrolling gear more. You know what every maplestory game needs? An anti-inflation mechanic! Aka, meso-dumping. I've earler proposed to increase the taxation from trades without being heard, but this could very well also be a good solution. Selling AP resets for mesos. And if it's not needed later on, who doesn't want to create the perfect character? Using all your mesos to get the perfect stats on your new character :p.