Search results

1. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Well beta tests are different from an official release in terms of expectations. Beta tests have an inherent expectation of data being wiped, or things not working. Once out of the beta phase, under the label of "release", those expectations change to no wipe.
  2. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Yes, no one knows the actual outcomes of wiping. Some will join, some will leave - who knows how much either side. But then wouldn't the unknown benefit (if any) not be enough reason to wipe? A wipe does have legitimate consequences, in terms of throwing away time spent by players.
  3. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Would a re-release actually give hype? Would the people that have left actually feel any more hype than they have when they left? Seeing as they left, would that not indicate a lack of belief that the server stability would get fixed? Why would they come back, and get hyped about the re-release...
  4. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Why do you assume that 90 people is not a good number? 90 people is quite a lot (assuming they are all unique users and not mules). While it does not compare to the numbers generated by top servers, there is no real reason to believe that it cannot get higher (or drop more). A re-launch or wipe...
  5. N

Wipe, hype or not?

That is a good point you brought up. I have seen it posted a few times that people want a perfect launch, but the thing is, it has already been ruined. You cannot revert a launch. It launched, it failed. Re-launching will not change that, except if the sole purpose of a new launch is just to...
  6. N

Wipe, hype or not?

I imagine you are talking about multiple people, as I do not believe I was contradicting my points. You will always find people who want the same thing, for different reasons. People cannot be generalized to a hive-mind. Just as there are people who want a wipe because they want a better chance...
  7. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Technically it would not be a 90 player average for the past week, as the server came back online today with roughly 90 players. If you were technical, it would be far less than a 90 player average. If you want statistical relevancy then you would say we had an average of 90 players today/when...
  8. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Time is an important thing to try and preserve. It is the most valuable "currency" one spends, as we all have a limited amount of it; and it cannot be taken back once spent. So for me personally, it is something I would not consider to be a moot point - this hits harder the more social...
  9. N

Wipe, hype or not?

Well, polling will never actually represent a community to an extent which satisfies those concerned about the results. Census are conducted every ten years or so in the US, because it takes so much time (as well as money) to actually reach all the citizens and give them enough time to fill out...
  10. N

Wipe, hype or not?

A possible, although silly solution, is to just freeze the account with the most playtime. Then, as other accounts reach similar playtime, they too get frozen. Keep this up for a week or so; will give everyone that "fresh start" without any actual wiping. Will lose players being forced to wait...
  11. N

Wipe, hype or not?

My main issue behind a wipe, is that it invalidates the time people did spend on the server. I would play regardless, but the simple fact is that wiping the progress made, will essentially have people waste the free time that they spent (though some would say playing a 2005 mushroom game is...