Farewell

metito

Dear wackyracer,
This will be my only and last message to you. As a top player in your server(currently Rank #1, IGN : Monke), I'd like to express
my opinion about the whole fiasco since start until now. It's up to you to listen to me and other people who may write you or the
propaganda wipers who only wished you bad and brought all the negativity since the start.

So let's begin :
I was really excited about this server. It seemed like a dream come true. Old nostalgia experience with quality of life changes. I hurried
to tell my friends about it as soon as possible - they were hyped as well. First 24-hours, it was the perfect experience. I met many nice
people and we had a blast training together (which was possible, due to the party revamp). I wasn't a top player - I fell behind a lot.
I wasn't 100% commited to the server on start, but soon after I saw your passion, that ignited a spark inside me as well. We trusted your words
and we kept grinding, even all mishap that has happened - server downtime etc. You told us : "the server won't wipe and that's my final answer".
Those were the words we needed - and we went leveling hard, because we knew our hard work was paying off.

And then... everything went downhill. Suddenly you found someone "duping" ilbis and whatsoever. Well, truthfully none of us believe your story,
because there were NO Ilbi in your server. We all know each other from top-rankings and we know that we killed Mushmom on each spawn, AND nobody
ever came close to Ilbi drop. If you needed a reason to wipe the entire server - well you found one, but do you think it was worth it? Do you think
it's better option than just removing the Ilbi and checking for people with abnormal amount of mesos and some godly scrolled items due to duping?
The situation WAS NOT that bad. You took the shotgun approach by wiping everything, either because you are lazy, inexperienced or BOTH. You said you are a
man of your word and that's why I followed you and trusted in you. Unfortunately, you just showed your incompetence, even though I didn't want to believe it.

About the re-launch date, whether is this Friday, and you suddenly postponing it to next week - no need to comment. That was the icing of the cake.
The only reason server remained alive was the HYPE and that is dying very very swiftly. The current state of the server is not good at all and the more time it passes
the more it dies - just like a dying person. He needs to be taken care of as soon as possible.

The server had great potential if you took the time to listen and not act out of emotion and making those drastic decisions. Maybe one day, you will learn your lesson.
Until then,
Farewell!

Kine

Explorer
Pretty much everything I wanted to say. I'm gonna add a few more things:

@wacky:
1. Find a community manager
2. If you don't find a community manager, be one yourself
3. Be more transparent and stick to your word

kind regards, bushido

Last edited:

Mice

Well said.

The seemingly neverending trials that came after the server's official launch were tough obstacles to hurdle through, especially with a new server where a sense of security hadn't yet been established. The fact that people were willing to face those, together with Wacky, showed a generous dedication that honestly wasn't warranted by anything other than the fact that this server showed incredible promise.

It's wild to think that a server that was so broken had an enticement to it; the way it really satisfied the nostalgia factor with adjustments that allowed it to be timeless and fun was the magnet to our loyalty.

Its downfall was not a faulty code, redis, or the alleged hacker(s). It was its team. We all showed a willingness to grow with that team, but with a cornucopia of broken promises and a total absence of transparency, we were never given the chance to.

Now we're forced in a position where speculation seems more possible than what we're told. The community (trolls who have not even created an account to the server don't count) is divided and none of us feel valued, heard, or even respected, frankly. We stayed through so much, but in the end feel discarded.

Who's to say the server will be stable after a wipe? Wacky will be the one to say it, but we now know his words hold no weight.

Stefan

On top of that.. very weird how the dupe was shortly announced after the server was finally stable for 24+ hours. Player amount was dropping and you probably wanted a quick solution. Just a theory though. Maybe we wouldn't have this doubt if you were a man of your word mr wacky.

Its a shame really.. how the most loyal people of the server get fucked in the end. xo peep

ChrisArcher

I have a lot to say about this as well but it doesn't matter because I'm a nobody that half the community hates anyways.

The only thing I will add, though, is that it isn't so much that the wipe even happened/will happen. It's the fact that we had our trust broken only to have trolls and toxic community members call us the R word, whom are getting our just desserts, is plain disgusting; especially when no one even knew this "exploit" even existed in the first place (if it even does). The fact that this kind of behavior, coupled with the self-imposed importance of "elite veterans," isn't addressed and regulated by the staff is sad. I'm not mad about the wipe as it's more of a feeling of disappointment with the staff/community. Nothing but lies, flame, and a waste of time.

Robbery

Beginner
Greetings Monke,

Please take what I say here with a grain of salt. Although I am in some ways a 'veteran' (have been lurking in the background for a long time alongside this primary group) I am in no way an expert about the game, both in gameplay, and functionality. By that I mean that I'm not familiar with how the game works from a dev perspective. I don't know the capabilities of their potential logging, what tools they have, limitations, nothing. I bring this up because I'm just a player like you, albeit lower level... but I do disagree, and I think plenty of people are being unfair/irrational, and I'd like to explain why.

First and foremost, what in the world is this post format¿ Man what an eyesore this was to read just because of the way it's set up. I'm being facetious here but also please clean it up a bit next time if it's going to be that long. <_< Okay okay, replying for real now.

So looking at your post, it seems to me like you have 3 major grievances about the goings-on of the server. These being;
1 - Saying there was going to be NO wipe and then having a wipe.
2 - The dupe situation, more specifically calling into question the ilbi.
3 - Re-launch date being an extra week than implied.

If I've missed any or misinterpreted these, please let me know and I'll address them, but for now I'll move forward with these and give my thoughts in the order that they are listed above.

==Chapter 1: Final Answer==

This is probably the one that I understand the least given the reasoning behind Wacky changing his mind (more on the validity of the dupe scenario in chapter 2). Let's assume for the sake of argument that all of Wacky's claims are true... you know, since we don't have any evidence otherwise, and nobody has come forward with any proof (as of writing this) to show that Wacky is lying. Have you never changed your view on something before? Have you ever thought you wanted chocolate but decided with vanilla instead? Ideas change, viewpoints change, situations change. If the world was set in stone based on the first ideas we decided upon, with no room to grow or expand, chances are we wouldn't be here playing/waiting to play mushroom game.

This isn't to say there isn't some truth to this argument, because there is... it's just not the right time. What scenario is better for the health of the server?

1 - Items were found to be duped and abused, Wacky decides to change his mind about the wipe given the relative extreme nature of the circumstance.
2 - Items were found to be duped and abused, Wacky decides to let the server carry on as is because previously he said he wouldn't wipe, allowing countless duped items to flood into game.

Now to be fair, this is somewhat subjective. Perhaps you consider having duped items in the game more fun, but I personally do not, and would wager that a majority of players would agree. Sometimes scrolling sucks, sometimes it sucks a lot, but when everyone is wearing that pair of duped 20 Dex 15 Att work gloves (I realize these aren't real stats) it devalues not only the items, but fun and sense of accomplishment... again, subjective. Context matters, and assuming his claims are true, in my opinion and I'm sure in many others', this is a perfectly acceptable and reasonable time and place to have a change of heart regarding the wipe situation. Perhaps you can share your thoughts on why him changing his mind is such a bad thing. If he had done so without the dupe claims I would agree but again, context matters.

==Chapter 2: The Birds and the Ilbis==

This I think is the most reasonable one, but it seems to be that everyone is so quick to jump to the conclusion that it's false despite the lack of evidence. Let me say that I do agree with it somewhat. You are definitely reasonable to be skeptical of it, but to the point of out right denying it is a bit of a stretch. There's two big reasons why this is silly, the first being the absolute lack of any proof, and the second being what Wacky stands to gain/lose in terms of community perception.

By the way have I mentioned the words proof or evidence? I understand people being sus of this given the rather convenient
timing of it all. It doesn't just end at suspicion though. I'm not sure if people just fell victim to the initial wave of fear mongering that happened after the announcement, but the sentiment that it's all a hoax has trickled quite far down the grape vine, despite there being any evidence showing one way or the other. I'm not saying don't be skeptical, just be reasonable.

The primary argument backing the "ilbi don't exist" argument quite frankly, sucks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the primary case I've seen being made is a reference to the drop rate. "MM only has an X.XX% chance to drop so I don't believe that it dropped." Not believing that they dropped is fine, but remember that it's IMPROBABLE, not IMPOSSIBLE. There's a big difference there. All it takes is one kill for ilbi to drop. That's it. There's no secret trick, there's no formula, there's no guarantees. It's 50/50, you either get it or you don't. Yes yes I know that's not how it works, but the concept is still the same. Was MM killed? If yes then there could have been an ilbi drop.

Saying that you know all the top ranks and that you were all friends is nice and all, but that's a weak argument too. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's an invalid argument, it just doesn't hold a lot of weight. If Wacky has the potential to be lying about the dupes, who's to say that the top players can't be lying about an ilbi drop? One top player kills MM while his other ranked buddies are asleep, or hell, even when they're all online talking to each other, it doesn't matter. He gets an ilbi drop but nobody was there to see it, because why would you watch someone else kill MM when you could be ranking of course. Now you would expect that getting this rare drop would stir up quite the buzz, BUT. What if this top ranked player was previously approached by someone who shared with them how to perhaps... dupe items? Surely if your intent was to abuse this bug you wouldn't tell everyone about your drop and then start duping, you would keep it to yourself. My point is, if you think your friends aren't capable of lying to you, you're wrong.

To close out this chapter will be saving face in the eyes of the community. This is my main reason for my suspension of disbelief about the "does the ilbi exist" topic. The question I ask is what does Wacky have to gain/lose in terms of community perception? A lot of people are already on edge about the whole wipe/no wipe, and there's no way he wouldn't foresee people winding up about over-turning the wipe decision when he already doubled, nay even tripled down on saying that there wouldn't be a wipe happening. Imagine how much worse it would be for his reputation if he instead of just admitting he changed his mind, and thinks wiping is best -- just lied about the reason for doing it. It was abundantly clear that there was a crowd that was going to be upset over the wipe no matter what. If it came out that he lied about a reason for a wipe instead? Maybe it's just me, but I see that being far, far worse than just saying, "I changed my mind sorry." No sane man would take such a huge risk for such little gain. Then again, the discord during this has made me question my sanity and I'm just a player, can't imagine what it's like for Wacky.

==Chapter 3: Reduce, Reuse, ReLaunch==

Last but not least, we have the relaunch date. I don't think there's much to say about this one. Yes the poll definitely implied that it was going to be this week, and Wacky did say in a few days, not a few weeks. It's hard to say which is better. On one hand the sooner you relaunch the more players you're likely to retain, however that's only if things are working which the extra delay is meant to allow. I'd love to see it happen this Friday, but I'd also love to see it be running as best it can. Whatever the case, I hope that when it does come, it's working and we have at least the same concurrent playerbase.

~fin

Closing Thoughts,

I fear based on the amount of text that I can scroll through that I've already turned this into a 100 word essay that nobody will read, so I'll try to keep this shorter than the book. I hope that my thoughts aren't written off for being a WackyKnight. I agree with a lot of the criticisms revolving around this server, I just think that a lot of the arguments raised are irrational, emotionally charged, and lack substance. It also seems like this is the first private server 99% of the people here have ever played.

I think the lack of transparency and updates is absurd. Even if the update is that there's no update, a simple, "We're still looking into it but haven't caught it yet." goes a long way, at least to me. The discord is a joke, and none of the rules matter, allowing advertising, blatant malicious spread of misinformation, etc. Hell, even the website is still telling me the launch date in the pop-op. I sympathize with Wacky, and appreciate him still going with this so we can play mushroom game, but a lot of this (in my opinion) could've been so much smoother with better work behind the scenes, and some actual control. A lot of it is on us as the community there's no doubt, but some of it is on the staff team as well (Wacky included). I openly admit I haven't the slightest clue what Wacky expects from the discord staff or what the extent of their 'power' for lack of a better word is, so please don't take this as a personal sleight to your contribution to the server/community.

For those who see the server as a lost cause, I implore you to make a decision. A real decision. As they say, actions speak louder than words. If this server is truly destined for failure, show us. Go play me and my 5 mules story, or go play we don't show player numbers story. Go do SOMETHING. Give us a reason to go play somewhere else. As it is right now, all you're doing by staying is saying that you want to play here because you don't like the other options, but you're too scared to admit it so you're sat in a full diaper crying about it instead. If you really mean it, show us, and we'll know where to go play when RS is dead. And to those who doubted it was someone targeting the server, lol. : ^)

Allow me to close with a quick anecdotal story. I've played WoW since its release. I've played private servers since they released. I have a friend, we'll call him K. I asked K to come play with me every time I started up a new 1x vanilla server and did the grind to 60. Every time he told me no. "I don't want to grind and then have my character deleted the next day." he would tell me. This went on for over 5 years. K never played on another vanilla server until the official WoW classic ones were released. I leveled numerous characters to max, most if not all unavailable to be played today. We were both happy with the outcome. Private servers are not permanent. They never will be. Don't invest what you aren't willing to lose.

Kind regards,
Robbery.

PS.

I have a lot to say about this as well but it doesn't matter because I'm a nobody that half the community hates anyways.

It sounds to me like you don't have anything to say at all, if you aren't going to say it just because you think people hate you. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, it must not have mattered after all. I'm a nobody and I just wrote a heckin' novel about mushroom game private server. I disagree with people and I wanna talk about it, who cares if they call me a R.

Last edited:

metito

Dear Robbery,
You just said the following things : "I am in no way an expert about the game, both in gameplay, and functionality", "I'm just a player like you, albeit lower level...".

From those 2 quotes, you admit you do not know how the Ilbi drop rate works and secondly, you have nothing to lose from a wipe standpoint - because of your low lv, therefore your opinion is biased on WackyKnight, just like you said it yourself. I will kindly explain the 2 main culprits you are trying to imply.

1. You compare chocolate to wipe and starting over. This is the worst possible example. Wacky said he is a man of his word first and foremost. He also stated his decision is "FINAL". Final in programming terms means a variable that its value cannot be changed. The biggest problem here, is that we were misled by this and invested our time heavily. The problem of starting is over is nothing compared to feeling cheated. You are saying private servers can close at any time, because are "private". Well yes, this may apply to random private servers, but we can all agree that wackyracer is FAR from being a random person (10 years of maple server related experience?), so that gives enough credibility to assume he won't do this and will do whatever it takes to keep to his words.

About godly items check and mesos - I'm aware that there is a problem with checking, since he disabled redis logging. Also, claiming someone scrolling 5 x 10% GFA, can be very easily checked from database and removed. People just didn't have enough time/mesos to buy ENOUGH scrolls to scroll something godly even in a legit way(being lucky). Let's assume their item was deleted and they were just in tune with RNG gods, it's still a LOT LESS harm, than wiping everything. Compare 1 lost item vs everyone's hard work and lost characters. I think you get my point.

2. Ilbi drop. Let me give you some hard facts. The chance for Mushmom to drop Ilbi is 1/2000. The respawn time of Mushmom is 1 hour. Let's say the Mushmom died every hour(unrealistic but whatever). This make it 24*2 = 48 (there were 2 channels in the beginning) times per day. Out of those 48 times, I can say who killed it 40 times at least - this was split between Wild and peep, so we are left with 8 times per day to some random guy. The server was down like 50% of the time, some days completely offline. Mushmom could be killed only the last week of server, since there weren't people above Lv. 45 then. So 7 days x 8 kills to random guy = 56 kills and that's in PERFECT circumstances not including the server downtime, which would bring it to ~28 kills to a random guy.

So the final chance for that Ilbi to really happen in PERFECT circumstances is around 56/2000. Also, the one who got Ilbi, the first thing he would do is brag in discord or game that he got a drop. We never saw someone throwing Ilbi, so he knew about the dupe and getting the Ilbi as well, which is almost unbelievable(because a player might as well get Ilbi and not know about duping it.)

Now of course, if you are really hard biased, you will always find a flaw and go along with it, but there was also something about "actions speak louder than words". Well, in this case we can assume wacky's words mean nothing, because his actions were completely different than what he said, therefore we can assume the whole "Ilbi" is just another fabricated story to support the wipe claim.

I'm not trying to offend you or offend anyone, I'm just stating and showing what's on the table. Hopefully, you understand me.

The problem we all had along is that we feel "betrayed" and there's absolutely no guarantee that on the second re-launch everything will be OK smooth as butter. Once shit show happens, we can assume the shit show continues in the same fashion. Have a great day!

Robbery

Beginner
Yeesh that's a bit of a skewed approach don't you think? I just inherently have less to lose because I admit that I wasn't as high a level as you? What's up with that? Fact of the matter is it's a virtual world, the only thing we lose is time invested, and I can guarantee you I probably have just as many hours logged onto my character as you do yours. For some reason however because the number at the bottom left of my screen doesn't start with a 5 my time lost is less than your time lost, that's... odd.

Anyways gross interpretation of value aside, you seem to be ignoring context again. Going back to Wacky said it was final, implying that it shouldn't have been changed. What in your opinion would constitute needing to wipe the server if duping isn't good enough? Should we all just be let lose to abuse and gain whatever unfair advantages we can without consequence? Where would YOU draw the line? Is 93% certain that all ill-gained items were removed from the game good enough to forsake wiping? What about 78%? 50%? Wiping means 100%, assuming it doesn't happen again of course.

As for ilbi, allow me to rephrase and pose it as a pair of questions.
1 - Does MM drop ilbi, yes or no?
2 - If the answer to question one is 'Yes', was MM killed when the server was up, yes or no?

I'm sure this is a pretty straight forward solution to solving my ignorance about how the drops work.

The problem we all had along is that we feel "betrayed" and there's absolutely no guarantee that on the second re-launch everything will be OK smooth as butter. Once shit show happens, we can assume the shit show continues in the same fashion. Have a great day!

So the problem everyone has is that there's no guarantee. I feel like I've heard this somewhere... ah well, I'm sure it will come to me eventually. In the mean time, when the server comes back I'll check it out, even tho there's no guarantee that it will stay. : )

Robbery

Beginner
There's no need to apologize, I don't take offense to anything you've said, or how you feel about the game, or myself in any way. Even if I did that shouldn't matter.

You didn't uh... you didn't reply to either of the things tho. You rather adamantly responded earlier, but now you're choosing not to defend your views? I'm assuming the questions aren't too complex, anyways. Something something actions louder than words.

Mice

Fact of the matter is it's a virtual world, the only thing we lose is time invested

Genuine query: do you not think this means anything?

To use the Poof scandal as an example; the money she stole from people can be made back. Choosing to invest time in something, however, is a way to spend life. It's not something that can be earned nor gained back. Anyone who feels mislead into feeling their time was worth spending on this game are a bit upset and rightfully so.

I don't know if you know Wacky in real life or what it is, but no one in this thread is out to get him or even shit talk him (disclaimer: the defensiveness your replies in this thread are allowing me to read into them in this way, correct me if I'm wrong). He has an undeniable passion that is painfully absent in devs running other servers, but he is severely lacking in management skills and that's a pretty fair thing to address.

Robbery

Beginner
Of course it means something. I just think that people are giving it too much meaning. I'm not trying to invalidate peoples' time spent saying it's meaningless. We play mushroom game as a hobby, and hopefully have fun doing it. Reality is however, that it's not going to last. Even if you play some server that's been running for 5+ years, there's always a chance that it could be gone tomorrow.

I don't know Wacky in real life, I've never even had a direct conversation with the guy, I just think it's unfair the amount of flak he gets because people didn't curb their expectations or don't know what they're getting into when they're playing private servers. Even official game servers shut down, but you don't see this level of melt down when they do because they have realistic expectations. When Asheron's Call shut down the community didn't cry because they expected the game to be up forever, they cried because of all memories they made throughout the game's lifespan, as cliché as that is to say. Private server players (note: SOME players), cry because they think Wacky == Retail publisher, and it's just not the case.

Maybe it's coming off as defensive, and I apologize if that's the case as it's not my intent -- but I've given my fair share of criticism about Wacky. By no means do I think he is a saint of the community who can do no wrong, he has definitely blundered, and blundered hard. However, take my W word H word poll for example, I criticize Wacky in that post the same way I do here, but he never deleted the post, he never censored me, he even voted on the poll and more or less endorsed it as an 'official' thing. He's not perfect by any means, but I think the community are misguided in their judgement and are quick to assume the worst without any proof, is all.

He may leave us in the dark a lot... like what even is the sun anymore a lot, but at least he brings us food and water sometimes. What I'm saying is he's been nothing but kind and respectful to us (most of us), so the least we can do is return the favor. That doesn't mean don't criticize him, just be rational about it. Guy can't even take thanksgiving day with his family without getting assrammed by a bunch of... slightly unsavory community members. Just maybe we forward some benefit of the doubt and common courtesy before jumping to conclusions when he accepts criticism the way he does.

a.png
b.png

Also thank you for the actual reply, it was refreshing.

Mice

But we're not talking about 5+ years where that would actually be regarded as a great time with good memories and a fleshed-out story coming to an end. If a server were to last 3 years, even, that would be remarkable. Nobody in their right mind would expect a private server to go on forever.

We're talking about our willingness to go on that journey (that willingness stemming from promises made) only for it to be slid out from under us. Which happens! Not everything can run smoothly at first. It's the lack of transparency and horrid communication that did damage to the community.

The valid complaints and constructive criticisms (a dime a dozen around here, I know) aren't coming from a sense of entitlement which resemble Karens demanding to speak to the manager. Those are definitely the loudest comments being made, especially in the Discord, but tbh I don't think those ones should be regarded as legitimate if a normal discussion isn't being had with them.

This thread in particular isn't complaining about lack of playtime, necessarily. It's the entire situation intertwined with itself that has created a complexity within the community's dynamic. That's why we're here in this thread, to communicate our concerns regarding that. Hopefully our voices are heard and Wacky can take them and improve with them.

If that isn't his goal, then that's his perogative and we'll know by Friday.

Robbery

Beginner
Nobody in their right mind would expect a private server to go on forever.

Exactly, nobody would expect them to go on forever, and 3 years would be a very solid, and in my opinion even a very good run for a private server. Yet somehow we're sat here freaking out about less than a week of uptime in a game where someone might not even reach the level cap in 3 years (on true 1x anyways), like it's the biggest disaster to ever affect the world. It seems we just disagree here altogether, which is fine.

One thing we can definitely agree on tho is the damage done due to the lack of transparency and communication. Allegedly we're getting an update tomorrow (YES, ALLEGEDLY WILD), so we'll see if anything changes on that front. I won't be holding my breath, however.

Lion

Let's be ultra generous and say that 100 Mushmom were killed legitimately through the course of this 2-week lifecycle of RevivalStory.

The Ilbi drop rate according to the RevivalStory Library is 0.03% (I assume there are repeated 3's in the end, making it a 1/3000 chance). But let's be super generous again and say that the rate is higher at 0.05% (1/2000) as Monke said earlier.

Here's how to do the math: (1999/2000) is the chance that a Mushmom will NOT drop Ilbis after getting killed. The Ilbis drop rates for each kill are independent, which means that (1999/2000)^n is the overall chance that Ilbis have NOT dropped even once after n kills.

(1999/2000)^100 = roughly 95.12%, which means that given better than the perfect scenario, the chance that a legit Ilbi dropped in this server is around 5%. [Of course, the real chance is much lower than that. Realistically I'd say that 30 MM were killed at best, and with the 1/3000 chance given by Library, the chance that Ilbis legitimately dropped from a Mushmom throughout the course of this server's 2-week lifespan would be 1-(2999/3000)^30, or roughly 1%. But let's be generous and call it 5%.]

It is definitely not outside the realm of possibility that someone (1) legitimately hunted an Ilbi and (2) had some sort of connection to the dupe exploiter. But it is also definitely not a "50:50 it either happened or it didn't" chance. *LUL*

Given the circumstances, I think it's reasonable for anyone to doubt wacky's claims. I wouldn't go far enough to say that wacky was planning on wiping from the beginning and lied to his community in order to bait the server crasher to continue his exploits. But with the really convenient timing of everything, I wouldn't blame anyone for believing that.

I'm not a perfect judge of character, but from what I've seen I think wacky is a decent person. He refused to take donations before all the stability issues were fixed, and he even fell asleep on his keyboard multiple times with everyone in Discord chat, resetting the server whenever it crashed just so everyone could play. But I think it goes without saying: he has huge, glaring issues when it comes to communication.

wacky has done a bit to give transparency about the duping situation by giving us details about what led to the multi-logins which enabled duping. But as I mentioned earlier, there are members of this community who believe that wacky fabricated the story in order to find a reason to wipe while saving face (since he was claiming no wipe from the beginning). The onus is on wacky to present all the facts and evidence, ESPECIALLY because he is the only one who is able AND has every means to do so. Anyone who cares about the future legitimacy of this server (wipe hypers included) should be concerned about wacky's lack of transparency and apparent mismanagement of this issue. If wacky wants any hope of attaining the trust of new players and regaining the trust of many of the members who feel like they got screwed over, he must answer the following questions:

1. When exactly did the change that enabled multi-logins go through? From my experience, I was occasionally having 3 minute rollbacks only on the day that wacky announced the wipe, which makes me suspect that this only lasted for a day. A word from wacky to clarify this point would clear up a lot of misunderstanding.

2. Why are there no recent backups? wacky claims that the most recent backup is pretty much a wipe anyway. Same as #1, this would clear up a lot of misunderstanding.

3. After the relaunch, will you perform routine item checks and backups? How often? In other words, can we be confident that should there arise another need for a rollback, it won't be more than a day or two max (as opposed to weeks)?

4. Probably the most important question: Where did the first Ilbi come from? I don't know the technical details of what it means to run a server, but according to other experienced people in the Discord, wacky should be able to track the source. As I went over earlier, the chance that Ilbis legitimately dropped from MM in the course of RevivalStory's first lifespan, although possible, is very, very low and nothing to bet on. How can we be confident that this doesn't mean that there are exploits to kill MM or generate Ilbis in some other way, or that there is no rogue agent in the staff who have given/will give such items away?

5. Have you taken any measures to prevent map crashes on launch? As far as I'm aware wacky has not acknowledged it, but at this point I think it's abundantly clear that the map0 crash we experienced on the first day of launch was due to malignant actors. This led to the majority of players being stuck while a very small handful of players got an unfair advantage to corner the Sky Snowboard market, leading to calls for WIPE HYPE. Imagine the sheer irony after all that has unfolded, if something like this were to happen again.

If wacky just did his best to give clear answers to these questions (which are reasonable for any member of this community to ask), it would go a long way to re-establish some confidence in his leadership.

Last edited:

Martinho

King Slime
Sad to see a top player (currently Rank #1, IGN : Monke) go after all the hard work you put into the server. Pretty sure wacky has now learned his lesson and won't be lazy, inexperienced or BOTH anymore.
I'm not a top player so it's up to you to listen to me or not, but I do wish you farewell and I hope one day your dream of old nostalgia experience with quality of life changes will come true again.

Last edited:

Gravity

I was originally against wiping but at the end of the day duping was possible, logs were not available due to all the issues having happened, and thus a wipe was needed.

But regardless who cares. The exp is fast and the reality is you only have two other options for classic maple: a 2 year old already cleared 1x server full of mules, or an underground hardcore no discord 1x server that nobody plays. Let's face it there's no other option, and while I agree that Wacky's communication has been quite poor, he's at least extremely dedicated.